Use of website: Terms and conditions
Use of website: Terms and conditionsAccess to and use of the Visit Cornwall website (the 'Website') is provided by Visit Cornwall to you (the 'User') subject to the following Terms and Conditions (the 'Terms and Conditions'). In using this site the User indicates his agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. In agreeing to be bound by the Terms and Conditions, the User agrees to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the other documents referred to and incorporated into these Terms and Conditions, and the expression 'Terms and Conditions' shall be deemed to include these other materials.
Changes to the website
The User acknowledges and accepts that Visit Cornwall may from time to time alter any aspect of the Website, or any of the services or products provided through the Website, as it thinks fit and without notice to the User. Further, Visit Cornwall may alter the Terms and Conditions at any time without notice. The User accepts that it will have no claim for breach of contract or otherwise in respect of any such alteration.
1. Submission of images to this website is open to all.
2. Photos should be submitted by email to email@example.com, and labelled with the entrant’s name and image files must be 72 dpi, be at least 750 pixels wide and between 1MB and 3MB. Entrants should include their own name and email address, we regret we will not be able to use any images supplied to us smaller than the stated size.
3. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them. It is the responsibility of each person submitting an image to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. The person submitting an image must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it. Any images submitted overprinted with text such as names or email address will not be published.
6. Copyright in all images submitted for this photo gallery remains with the respective entrants. However, by submitting an image to www.visitcornwall.com via the firstname.lastname@example.org email address, the submitter grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Visit Cornwall/Cornwall Development Company to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications and their websites.
7. You may submit as many images you like, but Visit Cornwall reserves the right not to publish any unsuitable material.
8. The best images submitted will feature on the photo gallery page of www.visitcornwall.com.
9. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
The User warrants that in its use of the Website it shall:
(a) use the Website only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use of the Website by any third party;
(b) not engage in any conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person;
(c) without prejudice to the generality of paragraph (b) above, not upload, post, transmit or distribute any material or information in which the User does not own the intellectual property rights, or any material which is in any way unlawful or which is potentially harmful, threatening, abusive, libellous, pornographic or otherwise obscene, or racially or ethnically or otherwise objectionable; and
(d) not upload, post, transmit or distribute any material or information which contains a computer virus, or other code, files or programs intended or having for effect to disrupt or otherwise adversely affect the operation of the Website or of other Users' computer systems. Visit Cornwall.com shall be entitled to remove any material or restrict or terminate your access to the Website in the even that any of the above warranties are breached.
The contents of the Website (the 'Contents') are provided to the User by way of general background information only. The User should not rely on the accuracy of any part of the Contents.
Only those establishments which have a VisitBritain or AA Quality Assurance mark have been visited by Quality in Tourism/AA inspectors. All prices mentioned were supplied by the operators themselves and to the best of our knowledge are correct. Visit Cornwall reserves the right to amend prices from time to time.
The User accepts and acknowledges that Visit Cornwall, its officers, employees, agents, representatives of any sort, and advisers shall not in any way be liable for any damage, loss, costs or expenses arising directly or indirectly from the User's downloading of any of the Contents from the Web Site, or its reliance on or use of any of the Contents for any purpose.
Without prejudice to the foregoing generality, Visit Cornwall hereby excludes, insofar as permitted by law, all warranties and representations, express or implied, in respect of any of the Contents, including but not limited to any information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons forming part of them, including but not limited to warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement of third party rights or any law, compatibility, security and accuracy.
The Website and its Contents may incorporate links to the websites and services of third parties. Such links are provided for the User's convenience only, and their provision does not constitute an authorisation by Visit Cornwall to the User to access such third-party websites, nor an endorsement of the content of such third party websites by Visit Cornwall.
The User acknowledges and accepts that Visit Cornwall is not, and shall not be held responsible for any damages, loss, costs or expenses arising from the use of such third party web sites, or products or services available through such third party web sites.
Except where expressly indicated otherwise, copyright in all of the Contents of the Website belongs to Visit Cornwall or its third party licensors.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Visit Cornwall hereby authorises you as a User to:-
(a) view and display the Contents;
(b) download the Contents and store them in your computer (for example in the browser's cache) for a period not exceeding thirty days, provided that the User also downloads this copyright notice; and
(c) print out the Contents, provided that the User also prints an acknowledgement in the form set out below and attaches it to any printed copy of any of the Contents.
The names and logos identifying the Website and Visit Cornwall and its products and services are either
(a) proprietary marks of Visit Cornwall or (b) marks which Visit Cornwall is licensed to use, and nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall confer on the User any licence of any such mark or of any other intellectual property right of www.visitcornwall.com (subject always to the above provisions relating to copyright).
Visit Cornwall reserves the right to terminate forthwith, or to refuse to permit, the use of the Website by any User, at any time and at Visit Cornwall's absolute discretion.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term or condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the Terms and Conditions and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
The rights of www.visitcornwall.com and the User under these Terms and Conditions may be exercised as often as necessary. They are cumulative and not exclusive of either party's rights under the general law, and may be waived only in writing. Delay in exercising or non-exercise of any right is not a waiver of that right.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Any disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Non-acceptance of the terms and conditions
If you do not accept these terms and conditions in full, you do not have permission to access the Contents of the Website and therefore should cease using the Website immediately.
At Visit Cornwall we will do everything to ensure that our customers receive the best possible service. However, we recognise that sometimes we do not get things right. When this happens we will encourage you to tell us any comments or feedback that you have to help us improve our service.
Where issues arise, we welcome the opportunity to put things right.
We want to:
1. make it easy for you to contact us;
2. listen to you;
3. consider how you would like us to resolve things;
4. make sure you are satisfied with how we handled your concerns.
How can I contact you?
If you are not satisfied with any aspect of the service provided by Visit Cornwall please let us know either
1. in writing to us at Visit Cornwall, Pydar House, Pydar Street, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 1EA.
2. by email to email@example.com
How long will it take?
Our aim is to resolve your concern as quickly as possible. If we are unable to reply by the end of the following business day, after we receive it, we will contact you to:
1. acknowledge your concern.
2. advise you who is dealing with your enquiry.
In the majority of cases, we will be able to resolve your concern within 7 business days of receiving it. If we have not resolved it within 7 business days, we will contact you again to update you with progress and tell you how much longer we anticipate we will take.