Mayon Farmhouse B&B / Guest houses
Mayon Farmhouse in Sennen, west Cornwall is a 4 star family run guest house, which was built in 1851 and was originally a large mixed farm with land reaching out towards Lands End and down to the cliff tops at Sennen Cove. Once used as a meadery it has since been converted into a spacious and comfortable home with a wealth of original features.
Staying at Mayon Guest House
- Two double and one family (double and twin) bedrooms
- Stylish and comfortable
- Centrally heated
- En-suite rooms (one four poster) with coastal and rural views
- Equipped to the highest standard with quality bedding and mattresses
- Towels, radio alarms, tv and hairdryer
- Beverage making facilities (tea, coffee, chocolate), local chocolates, home made biscuits and fruit
- Quality breakfasts using locally sourced, organic (where possible) products
- Packed lunches and Minack picnics on request
- Lounge with log burning stove in large Cornish granite fireplace
- Sunny conservatory for summer evenings
- 400 metres from the South West Coast Path
The farmhouse is situated close to the coastal footpath, it is just 1½ miles level walk to Lands End, and a 10 minute walk to Sennen Cove beach. This has rock pools, a beautiful sandy beach and some of the best surfing in Cornwall. There is a wide variety of local restaurants catering for all requirements from family meals to romantic evenings for two. Booking is essential for some venues during busy summer months.
Golf - the Cape Cornwall Golf and Country Club only 5 miles away at St Just is one of the most dramatic settings in the South West.
If you are flying to the Scilly Isles we are a couple of miles away from Lands End airport , a convenient location to start and end your holiday so why not book a night before you go and another on your return. Cars can be left whilst you walk the coast path or fly to the Isles of Scilly.
- Land's End Landmark
- Minack Theatre
- St Michael's Mount
- Sennen Cove
- Penlee House Gallery and Museum
- Tate St Ives
- Porthchapel beach
- Portheras Cove beach
- Lamorna Cove beach
- Porthcurno beach
- Sennen Cove beach
- Gwenver beach
- Porthgwarra beach
Prices from £85.00 to £85.00
* As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments, per week for self-catering accommodation and static caravans,and per pitch per night (based on 2 people) for camping. Please note that the capacity stated above is the maximum number of people that room or self catering unit can accommodate, including adults, children and babies. Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Beach within 2k
• Coast views • Convenience stores and Post Office close by • First & Last Pub a five minute walk away • Parking • Wi-fi • Secure cycle storage • Drying facilities • Beach 1K away
Open all year
From Penzance take A30 towards Lands End. After 8 miles you will enter the village of Sennen passing Whitesands Hotel and the school on your left. Continue over mini roundabout towards Lands End and after 400 metres take left turn up private lane (if you reach Costcutter shop you have gone too far) , passing between various properties. Mayon Farmhouse will be seen in front of you through large 5 bar gate.