The Fowey Hotel
The Fowey Hotel Hotel
The hotel sits majestically overlooking the River Fowey estuary with spectacular, uninterrupted views from the gardens, terrace, Outlook Bar, Spinnakers Restaurant and front facing bedrooms. This elegant Victorian hotel is steeped in history and boasts an acquaintance with authors such as Daphne Du Maurier and Kenneth Graham. Indeed there are framed letters from the Wind In The Willows’ author to his son, to whom he referred to as ‘Mouse’, during his stay at the hotel in which it’s clear where his inspiration derived from.
- Situated in a prominent position in Fowey
- Overlooking the Fowey Estuary
- Easy walk into Fowey along the Esplanade
- Eight miles from St Austell
About the hotel
- 37 bedroom boutique hotel
- AA Rosette restaurant, Spinnakers
- Premier Rooms available
- Honeymoon Suite with private roof terrace
- All of our rooms have en-suite bathrooms
- Tea and coffee-making facilities
- Toiletries as standard
- Pre-booked parking by arrangement
What can you do during your stay?
- Explore the South West Coast Path towards Mevagissey or Looe to the east
- Visit Eden Project (9 miles)
- Spend a few hours at the Lost Gardens of Heligan (16 miles)
- Take a river trip along the Fowey
- Take the ferry to Polruan and explore
- Discover the secrets of Charlestown Shipwreck & Heritage Centre (7 miles)
- Try out watersports at Polkerris beach (3 miles)
- Walk into the historic port of Fowey
- Take a ferry from Fowey to look around the quaint harbour town shops of Mevagissey
- Visit the historic port of Charlestown; home of the tall ships (7 miles)
The elegant Spinnakers Restaurant offers a Table d’Hôte menu, highlighting Mark’s passion for fusing fabulous local ingredients with superb flavours. The award-winning menus include delicious seafood, locally-reared beef and fresh vegetables. Mark is famous for his delicious desserts and traditional British ‘puddings’ and so you’ll be spoilt for choice.
Our Outlook Bar has fantastic views overlooking our gardens and the river, with a menu offering a range of sandwiches, lighter meals and snacks.
- Readymoney Cove
- Par Sands
- Pentewan Sands
In summary, the spectacular views from the hotel will help you to relax and the close proximity to the beautiful Cornish countryside means that you have access to all the space you need!
Check out the Weddings page
Prices from £99.00 to £279.00
As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments, per week for self-catering accommodation and static caravans,and per pitch per night (based on 2 people) for camping. Please note that the capacity stated above is the maximum number of people that room or self catering unit can accommodate, including adults, children and babies. Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Bar / licensed
- Group Visits available
- Leisure facilities
- Childrens facilities
- Linen Provided
- Sea views
- Beach within 2k
- Disabled access
- Disabled parking
- Disabled toilets
- Guide dogs permitted
- Accessible formats
The lift is original (dimensions on the website) so may be difficult for larger electric chairs, however it provides access to all floors including lower ground floor for which the bedrooms there have access directly to the gardens.