Polean Farm Cottages
Polean Farm Cottages Cottages, Farms, Self-catering
Polean Farm is located down green lanes off the Looe to Polperro road, just outside the village of Pelynt. The farm is set amongst rolling farmland and is less than 2 miles from the sea and a safe sandy beach. The 18th century former barns have been converted into spacious, comfortable and tastefully decorated cottages set around a pretty courtyard.
All cottages are certified to Visit Britain 4star standard, plus we are proud to have been awarded a Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor for our consistently excellent reviews (these are awarded to just the top 10% of self catering properties).
Children will enjoy the playground and indoor playroom, along with the toy tractors that they can ride around the new tractor area. They will also love helping feed the animals with the legendary farmer Keith each weekday morning and will look forward to the pony or tractor rides after the animal feeds.
Couples can enjoy a free luxury hamper upon arrival (plus other special offers – see below) and can look forward to visiting the many great local pubs and restaurants , the amazing countryside and coastal walks or just relaxing in front of a warm log fire.
Guests with dogs are offered a days free dog sitting while they visit local attractions like the Eden Project, plus there are many dog friendly beaches, pubs and cafes in the area (not to mention some fantastic walks)
Polean Farm is a working livery yard with over twenty horses. Guests are welcome to wander around the farm and livery yard and the fields to see the horses and our other animals.
- Safe and fun for families with teenagers and children of all ages
- Cosy and full of character for couples
- Great for dog owners
- Fantastic for a group getaway
- Set in the beautiful and peaceful countryside between Looe and Polperro
- The perfect location to enjoy the countryside or beach or visit many local attractions
- Only a few minutes drive from safe sandy beaches and from the very quaint fishing village of Polperro, the Seaside town and fishing port of Looe and from the smart yachting town of Fowey
Superb facilities include
- Friendly farm animals, with animal feeding with farmer Keith each weekday morning
- Pony rides (for children up to 15) and tractor rides (for children of all ages - up to 90 !)
- Bottle Feeding of the lambs (March to June)
- Child and toddler friendly games room – with lots of toys, plus pool and table football
- An outdoor tractor riding area, with toy tractors, trailers and diggers
- Outdoor play ground with swings, slides and a massive trampoline, plus Little Tikes slides etc. for toddlers
- Football area with goal posts
- Acres of space for kite flying , or just running around (guests are welcome to explore all parts of the farm)
- Barbecues available for all cottages
- Safe and fun for the children and adults
- Staff always on hand to help make your stay as enjoyable as possible (and provide advise on beaches and places to visit etc.)
- Discount for 2nd week: Stay with us for 2 weeks and get a 10% discount off your 2nd week
- Late Availability Discount: If your stay with us is less than 4 weeks away when you book, then we will give you a 10% discount off the published prices
- For Couples: Couples who stay with us for a week, at any time outside the school holidays will receive a free luxury hamper upon arrival (containing wine, chocolates, scones, jam and cream and plenty of other Cornish produce). Also, if couples want a bit more space in their cottage, then we will offer them a 10% discount if they book a 2 bedroom cottage or 15% discount if they book a 3 bedroom cottage
- For Dog Owners: We have three dog friendly dog cottages and can offer a days free dog sitting if required for anyone booking a short break or full weeks stay
- Easter Egg Hunt: Stay with us over Easter Sunday and the children can join us on the free Easter Egg hunt on Easter Sunday Morning (not too early)
- Childrens facilities
- Games room
- Linen Provided
- Beach within 2k
Open all year
From Exeter, you are best following the A38 to Plymouth - then across the Tamar bridge. At the first roundabout go straight across (PS. their is a Waitrose just off the 3rd exit of this roundabout - if you want to stop for afew goodies). Follow the A38 until you come to the 2nd roundabout about eight or nine miles after the Tamar bridge (it is jut after a low railway bridge and has an American dinner just off it and a Shell Filling station). You take the first exit off this roundabout - following the signs for Looe (there is another right turn after about a mile). Once you get to Looe, cross the bridge and then continue on the A387 heading for Polperro. After about two miles there is a right turn to Pelynt (A3359). Take this turn. After three quarters of a mile the road bends to the right and there are two lanes off this bend on the left hand side. Our lane is the 2nd one (there is a sign saying Polean Farm , but it is just after the turn). Follow the lane for about a mile to the Farm.
We are proud to have been awarded a certificate of excellence for 2013 from Tripavisor.
To quote the info from Tripadvisor -
'This prestigious award, which places Polean Farm in the top-performing 10% of all businesses worldwide on TripAdvisor and is given to businesses that consistently earn high ratings from TripAdvisor travellers.
Also , to celebrate - we will give 5% discount to anyone who phones or emails and congratulates us on getting the award.