Map of Marazion
Map of Marazion
The ancient market town of Marazion is a great place to visit at any time of the year. Safe, sandy beaches are lapped by the clear, turquoise waters of Mount's Bay and guarded by the island fortress of St Michael's Mount.
Enjoy a pasty while taking in the view of the bay or treat yourself to a sumptuous meal at one of Marazion's high-quality restaurants and cafes. Marazion is also home to a fabulous selection of art galleries and unique gift shops.
Mount's Bay is one of the UK's premier locations for kitesurfing and Marazion is home to very active sailing and gig racing clubs.
The perfect base for a stay in west Cornwall, Marazion offers the relaxed atmosphere of a village with the facilities expected of a small bustling town. More than 300,000 people each year pass through Marazion on their way to St Michael's Mount, one of the National Trust's most popular properties.
St Michael's Mount
Just a quarter of a mile offshore from Marazion is the stunning island world of St Michael's Mount. At low tide, take a stroll across the causeway where a legendary giant once walked or catch one of the frequent ferryboats that putter back and forth between Marazion and the harbour where ancient tin traders once moored their ships.
Meander around the historic village, climb to the island’s summit where the vision of St Michael appeared, or marvel at the engineering of the underground tram that carries supplies from the harbour to the castle. There is so much to discover on St Michael’s Mount; one day here will leave you longing to come back for more. When you visit St Michael's Mount, make sure you take time to explore Marazion too, it's one of Cornwall's best-kept secrets.
Things to do in Marazion
- Take a walk across the causeway or catch a motor boat to the island paradise of St Michael's Mount
- Relax with the family on the safe, sandy beach then try and build a sandcastle that looks like the island!
- If you want to get out on the water, kitesurfing and stand up paddleboarding lessons are available locally
- Explore Marazion's art galleries showing contemporary Cornish art or check out our bijou gift and craft shops
- Visit the Marazion Museum with its collection of local artefacts
You can find out more about Marazion and its thriving community at the town's official web site.
Useful links for Marazion