The award winning 'The Riverside' is situated in the beautiful village of Boscastle in North Cornwall and overlooks the River Valency. Nestled in a secluded valley, this bed and breakfast offers thirteen bedrooms, catering for walkers, cyclists, day trippers or holiday breaks.
The Riverside was built around 1584 by Sir Richard Grenville of the Armada fame. Located just off of the South West Coastal Path and ideally suited for those walking between Bude, Crackington Haven, Tintagel and Port Isaac.
At a glance
- Full en-suite facilities (shower or bath)
- Central heating with individual thermostatic controls
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- 26" LCD televisions, DVD players
- Award winning breakfast - full English or combination, smoked kippers, smoked haddock, smoked salmon, freshly brewed coffee or tea, fruit juices and cereals
There is a choice of services within the restaurant during the day. In the evening, the restaurant is set up elegantly for a superb dining experience where you can choose from the à la carte menu with exceptional food complemented by an extensive list of fine wines. Alternatively, the daytime tearoom is perfect for informal lunches, meals and afternoon teas. Leading from the dining room is access to the tea garden next to the river.
- Tintagel Castle (English Heritage)
- Port Isaac (location for TVs Doc Martin)
- Coastal and woodland walks
- Beaches at Crackington Haven, Bossiney Cove and Polzeath
- Bodmin Moor
- Several golf courses
- Padstow - harbour town and food lovers delight to the south
- Bude - resort town to the north