With all rooms individually decorated to a very high standard. Many rooms have distant sea or harbour view and all are ensuite with baths and/or showers, with central heating, tea/coffee making facilities, mineral water, digital televisions, radios etc. Access to our house requires four steps to the entrance. We have a twin, and single rooms on the ground floor. We are situated just a few minutes walk from the beaches, shops, pubs and restaurants. We have a licensed bar and public lounge, private parking and Wifi internet connection.
Falmouth has something for everyone, From the historical Pendennis Castle built by Henry 8th to more recently built National Maritime Museum. Take a ferry ride across the harbour to visit St. Mawes.
Beaches, miles of coastal footpaths, quaint fishing villages are decorated all around our coast line. For a couple of hours walk, you would reach the mouth of The Helford River and home to Frenchman's Creek immortalized by Daphne Du Maurier heritage trails and magnificent Cornish Gardens for you to explore at your leisure not forgetting the famous Eden Project, all within a short journey away. For the enthusiastic sports people the area offers amongst other things fishing, surfing, golfing and of course sailing. Falmouth too has a great assortment of wonderful restaurants, including many serving freshly caught fish.
There is something for everyone.
- A Ten minute stroll to the town centre for restaurants and shops
- Four minutes walk to our Blue Flag Gyllyngvase Beach
- Views over Falmouth Harbour
About Dolvean House
- Awarded 5 star by Visit Britain with an Award for our breakfasts
- Private off-road car park
- All rooms ensuite and equipped with hospitality tray, digital TV, hairdryer
- All rooms have very comfortable pocket sprung mattress beds
- All rooms have Egyptian cotton bedding and luxury towels
- Bathrobes and luxurious Penhaligon toiletries
- All rooms have one continental socket
- Special catering for walkers and bikers
- Public lounge with licensed bar with selection of wines, beers and spirits
- German-English bilingual, French in basics
- Ground floor rooms
- Flat screen TV
- Free of charge Wi-Fi
- Complimentary tea and coffee on arrival
- Stay for a week or more and get 10 % Discount
What can you do during your stay
- A short walk to the National Maritime Museum Cornwall
- Also Pendennis Castle
- Explore the magnificent South West Coast Path
- Discover the gardens of Trebah and Glendurgan, just a 10 minutes drive away
- Sailing, Wind Surfing, Motor Boat Hire can all be arranged
- Wildlife cruises around our coast.
- St. Michaels Mount well worth a visit.
- Be entertained at the Open Air Minack Theatre
- Take the train and visit Truro Cathedral + shopping
- Take a local cruise boat to explore the Fal River or to St. Mawes
- Enjoy the beaches
For reservations you can book online here