Lower Barns Boutique B&B and Wedding Venue
Nestled in a hidden corner of South Cornwall, close to the sea and in walking distance of the Lost Gardens of Heligan and the SW coast path, you will find Lower Barns. It is a luxury boutique retreat, a B&B all about romance. Couples love it here, it is a magical weekend getaway, a bolthole to share precious times together, just right for runaway weddings, honeymoons, hen parties – in fact anything indulgent!
If you have ever felt the need to be spoilt, come on in. Here at Lower Barns we have created a unique hiding place where you can rest, relax and slip away from the pressures of everyday life and discover what really matters………precious time to spend with partners, family and friends while we look after you.
The rooms are places of sheer indulgence, an extravaganza of eye popping palettes recreating colours from nature’s paintbrush from Cornwall’s fields and coastline, together with places we have visited on our travels around the world. Janie draws her inspiration from Mother Nature and has an uncanny ability to be brave with colours and textures to create bold, eye catching room designs which delight your senses. Mike has a natural eye for form and his building and carpentry skills have lovingly created the amazing buildings and furniture which complement Janie’s designs to perfection.
Room rates include Award Winning breakfast with local produce. Breakfast is served in the lounge or within the comfort of your room, or alfresco when the sun is shining. Delivered to your door if you are staying in Nook and Cranny.
Evening meals are served in The Party Shed, tucked away in a corner of the wildflower garden. An enchanting building with a huge, handcrafted table and benches scattered with warm blankets and cushions. With twinkling candle light and log burning fire, this is an intimate evening place of wonderment to delight your senses and provide a convivial atmosphere for dining together. Bring your own booze. (Please book in advance as we do not serve food every day).
Lower Barns are 2015 Gold Award Winners of Best B&B in Cornwall and the Silver South West Best B&B, and Highly Commended Visit England winners.
Lower Barns also offers:-A range of holistic treatments (please book in advance)
Nook Suite has its own Sauna and hot tub set within its own private garden
Cranny has a wood burning stove and a hot tub in its own private garden
The Hayloft has disabled access and shower, with an adjoining twin room with wet room upstairs
Hot tub on the main deck
Beautiful south facing gardens
Three rooms have their own private gardens
The award winning Lower Barns Boutique B&B is in the heart of Cornwall down a winding country lane, near the fishing village of Mevagissey and the town of St Austell. This haven of tranquility is set amidst glorious rolling countryside with stunning beaches and pretty fishing villages nearby.
- Situated in Mid Cornwall
- Ideal place to stay along the South Cornwall's coastline
- Just two miles from the rail and bus station in St Austell town centre
About Lower Barns
- Five star graded award-winning accommodation
- Enjoy breakfast in either the conservatory or out on the south facing deck
- Contemporary, individually designed rooms
- Plasma screen TV
- DVD player
- Drinks fridge
- Cottage accommodation with private gardens available
- Apartments with double bathroom - ideal for guests with disability
- Secluded gardens you can enjoy
- Pamper and beauty treatments available
- Elopement wedding venue
What can you do during your stay?
- Explore the South West Coast Path towards Mevagissey to the west or Fowey to the east
- Visit Eden Project (3 miles)
- Spend a few hours at the Lost Gardens of Heligan (6 miles)
- Discover the secrets of Charlestown Shipwreck & Heritage Centre (2 miles)
- Try out watersports at Polkerris beach or Porthpean beach (2 miles)
- Take a walk around the historic market town of St Austell (2 miles)
- Look around the quaint harbour towns of Mevagissey or Fowey (8 miles)
- Walk around the historic port of Charlestown; home of the tall ships (2 miles)
- Par Sands
- Pentewan Sands
- Gorran Haven