Stunning views over Caerhays Castle gardens.I ts idyllic rural location is less than a mile from Porthluney beach. With 5 star grading and a Gold Award It offers individuality and unobtrusive service in a home from home atmosphere. The House is available for luxury B & B, weddings, exclusive hire catered or self-catered. This is a private house and not a hotel and you are guaranteed complete privacy.
- On the private Caerhays Estate
- 10 miles from St Austell
- Close to Porthluney Beach
About The Vean
- A splendid Georgian house fully restored
- Enjoy the gardens, woodland walks down to the beaches
- A well-stocked bar
- Bed and breakfast at The Vean is a wonderful luxury short-break.
- We serve a delicious traditional Cornish breakfast using local produce where possible.
- We are delighted to offer a 2 or 3 course dinner on request
- All B&B stays give you free entry into Caerhays Castle Gardens with a private tour included when possible.
- We also offer Z-beds for children between the ages of three and 10 years
What can you do during your stay?
- Explore the South West Coast Path towards Mevagissey (east) or St Mawes (west)
- Visit Eden Project (12 miles)
- Spend a few hours at the Lost Gardens of Heligan (7 miles)
- Discover the secrets of Charlestown Shipwreck & Heritage Centre (8 miles)
- Take a walk around the historic market town of St Austell
- Look around the quaint harbour towns of Mevagissey or Fowey (8 miles)
- Walk around the historic port of Charlestown; home of the tall ships (8 miles)
- Porthluney Beach
- Carne Beach
- Portholland Beach
- Charlestown Beach
- Pentewan Sands
- Gorran Haven Beach
Check out our Weddings page.