Collingwood Guest House
Superb base for large gatherings or two families wishing to holiday together with its neighbouring cottage. In a favoured rural location at South Tehidy, backing onto woods and Golf Club. Beaches 5 mins away, coastal walks, Truro 15 mins, St Austell and the Eden Project 30 mins.
The accommodation includes, on the ground floor, reception hall, Cloakroom, lounge, large separate dining room, conservatory, small bedroom, kitchen, breakfast room, further bedroom with en-suite. On the first floor three bedrooms, two with en-suites, separate bathroom for other bedroom, galleried landing area, access from the landing to the balcony. Outside mature lawned garden to the front and extensive gravelled parking.
Collingwood is located close to Tehidy Park - a private estate which boasts 250 acres of natural parkland with lakes, picnic areas and which also adjoins an 18-hole golf course. A wooded stroll from the doorstep leads to the North Cliff park with far-reaching sea views, and there are several sandy beaches, the closest being Portreath (2 miles) with facilities for surfing and an old harbour. A short stroll from the village is the awe-inspiring Hell's Mouth, a cauldron of waves and black rocks at the base of 200ft cliffs.St Ives lies 10 miles distant.
About Collingwood Guest House
- Continental or full English breakfast available
- Use of kitchen to make sandwiches upon request
- All meals are served in the main dining room
- Health and healing can be booked by prior arrangement
- Organic food and juicing on request
- 5 minutes away from local leisure centre
- Single occupancy just £24.50
- Email not working at present, please telephone for details
- Wheelchair access to downstairs bedroom and kitchen
- Large living room with TV for guests
- Tehidy Country Park
- Truro Cathedral
- East Pool Mine
- Godrevy to Portreath AONB section
- Carn Brea Leisure Centre
- King Edward Mine Museum
- Paradise Park and Jungle
- St Michael's Mount
Portreath, Gwithian Towans, Hayle Towans, Upton Towans, Godrevy
In summary, Collingwood is an ideal base for couples and families. The very friendly atmosphere makes a relaxing stay and there is plenty to see and do nearby including beautiful nature reserves and historical trails. The house next door also bed and breakfast makes it great for two families or large groups wanting to holiday together.
OPEN ALL YEAR