Mount Royal is a part Georgian, part Victorian house that has provided quality guest accommodation for over 50 years run by three generations of the same family. The house faces the sea and overlooks the entrance of Penzance harbour with a panoramic view of Mounts Bay, St Michael's Mount and the Lizard Peninsula. Dolphins are sometimes seen directly in front of the premises.
Ideal for couples.
About Mount Royal
- Spacious bedrooms with en suite facilities
- Double and twin rooms available
- Some with baths some with showers
- Premier rooms with spectacular views over Mounts Bay
- Elegant Victorian dining room is unique with silver service and fine Wedgwood crockery
- Choose from our varied menu
- Enjoy breakfast served to you at your own table the traditional way
- Take in spectacular views of Mounts Bay
- Free private parking to staying guests
- Lock-up garages are available for persons visiting the Isles of Scilly at extra cost
Mount Royal offers spacious bedrooms with en-suite facilities and elements of luxury, some with bath and some with showers. Premier rooms ( up to 35 square metres in size) with King size double beds, luxurious furniture and large bay window seating areas to enjoy the spectacular sea views
The house is close to the Scillonian ferry departure point and Mount Royal is just a few minutes walk to the railway terminus, bus station, shopping centre and local beach. Visitor attractions in the area include St Michael's Mount, Land's End, The Minack Theatre, the surf beaches of West Cornwall and many local art galleries. Penzance is both a historic port and busy commercial centre on the south facing shores of Mount’s Bay. With an abundance of palm trees and gardens full of sub-tropical plants, a sure sign that you have arrived somewhere unique.
- St Michael's Mount
- Trewidden Garden
- Land's End
- Minack Theatre
- Tate St Ives
- St Ives School of Painting
- Porthcurno Telegraph Museum
- Godolphin House and Estate
Beaches nearby include:
Prussia Cove, Long Rock, Perranuthnoe, Lamorna Cove, Praa Sands, Marazion, Kenneggy
In summary this is the ideal base if you want to explore West Cornwall or pop over to the Isles of Scilly for a day trip. Easy access and private parking, lovely en-suite rooms and choice of breakfast. Just a short walk from the Promenade and beach.