Detached cottages and lodges sleeping from 2 - 9 people, nestling in a peaceful hollow of 45 acres on the fringes of Bodmin Moor. Surrounded by rolling countryside, it is an idyllic place in which to relax and unwind. This tranquil setting offers an escape from the pressures of everyday life in a quiet ambiance where nature thrives.
At a glance...
- Luxurious 4 star Cornish cottages, fully refurbished with Contura woodburners, yet retaining many authentic features
- Escape from it all in a lodge overlooking the pond or with unspoilt views across the valley
- For larger groups Ta Mill House has 4 en-suite bedrooms, olde worlde charm, woodburner and central heating for year round comfort
- Tastefully renovated barn, equipped with modern luxuries, suits guests with or without mobility impairments,M2 assessed with many M3 features
- Special offers and short breaks available
- Ta Mill is now available for events and weddings- you can have exclusive use of the site and accommodation and we can help you with catering, event marquees and entertainment for your special occasion.
On site facilities...
- Relax in the unusually sited hot tub, nestled in the original waterwheel pit
- Enjoy a therapeutic massage, swim in the endless adjustable current or try out an aqua workout in the Swim Spa which combines the fun of a full-sized pool with the therapeutic and relaxation benefits of a hot tub
- 9-hole pitch and putt fun course
- Games room, children's outdoor play area and communal lawns with mature gardens
- Stunning valley walk which wends along the babbling brook through the 45 acres of picturesque countryside
- Small shop for those forgotten essentials, a free video library, a pay-phone and laundry room
- The Wilsey Down Pub is 2 miles away
Pets are welcome in some of our lodges. There is a £7 charge for your pet per night. Only 1 small pet per unit. A £50 returnable deposit is required.
Get close to nature...
Magnificent birds of prey can be seen swooping down the valley and nesting swallow are spotted in every corner. Ewes and lambs gambol in the surrounding fields and you can get close to new born lambs in Spring. Absorb the natural beauty and tranquil setting whilst you wander along the unspoilt private nature walk where all you are likely to hear are kestrels and skylarks, as they soar above. After nearly half a mile of wending stream you can join a nearby footpath which leads to St Clether Chapel and its ancient holy well which is considered to be the most beautifully situated of all shrines in Cornwall.
What's nearby ...
- Ideally situated for touring Devon and Cornwall, Ta Mill is only 7 miles from the dramatic Heritage coastline of North Cornwall and spectacular beaches
- Enjoy a short break for a therapeutic experience 'away from the madding crowd' any time of year
- In easy reach of the dramatic Heritage coastline of North Cornwall and the untamed beauty of Bodmin Moor and Dartmoor
- Explore the hidden coves and pretty fishing villages including Port Isaac and Padstow
- Visit the timeless harbour at Boscastle or the mystical castle of King Arthur at Tintagel
- Relax on a sheltered sandy beach or take in the stunning views as you follow the coastal path from Bude to Padstow
- Enjoy the world famous Eden Project and the Lost Garden of Heligan or visit the wealth of National Trust houses and gardens in the locality
£25 off second week (fortnight booking)
Short breaks- any day start, (2 nights min) - see prices by selecting 'Availability' link above
15% off all bookings when 2 persons book a 2 bedroom lodge or Dairy cottage
Weddings, Special celebrations and Events-Exclusive hire of Ta Mill
Now fully approved premises for Civil ceremonies -marriages and civil partnerships.
Whether it is a wedding, 30th birthday party, 25th wedding anniversary or university re-union we can help you to create a momentous and memorable occasion. Not only can we provide accommodation to suit up to 60 guests, we can arrange catering for your stay and as you will have full use of the site, you are welcome to add a marquee or gazebo depending on your needs.
Furthermore we can recommend suppliers who will know exactly what will suit you! Why not get in touch and have a chat about your idea and see if we can turn it into a reality.
Availability for Xmas and New Year in some cottages and lodges.