Tredethick Farm Cottages
Tredethick’s just that kind of place: animals to feed, ponies to ride, places to play, a pool to discover, new places and new friends to see and make, all in beautiful, secluded, Cornish countryside. A place to see and hear them come alive, relax and recharge too.
Our cottages are your home for the holiday; so we make sure each of these eight, award-winning cottages are comfortable, well-equipped, welcoming, warm and clean.
- Close to the ancient stanary town of Lostwithiel
- Near the pretty village of Lerryn on the River Fowey
- Quiet rural base for your holiday in South Cornwall
About Tredethick Farm Cottages
- Eight beautiful cottages to sleep between 2 and 6 guests
- Heated Pool
- Soft Play Area
- Play Park
- Animal feeding
- Pony Rides
- Play Barn
- Hot Tub
- Farm shop
- Outdoor Play Facilities
What can you do during your stay?
If you can get the children away from our animals and facillities, we recommend..
- Explore Lostwithiel's medieval town centre and riverside walks (buggy friendly)
- Visit Restormel Castle
- Go walking along the magnificent South West Coast Path
- Lose yourselves in Lerryn Woods and discover the stepping stones and Angie's Hut
- Go crabbing at Fowey
- Spend time of the Fowey River with Encounter Cornwall canoe trips
- Cycle the Camel Trial or through Lanhydrock Woods
Our visitors love taking their children to...
- Hannafore Beach, West Looe (great for rockpools!)
- Talland Bay Beach
- Lantic Bay
- Polkerris Beach
- Readymoney Cove, Fowey
- Pentewan Beach
- Polridmouth Cove Beach
10 Reasons Why Farm Holidays Make Great First Family Holidays
Taking your first family holiday with a baby or toddler is daunting, but at Tredethick Farm Cottages we’ve thought of everything to make your break as relaxing as possible.
Cocooned in the heart of Tredethick Farm’s super child-friendly environment, our guests build a barn-yard full of shared family memories as little ones grown in confidence through riding ponies, swimming, feeding animals, sitting in tractors and exploring countryside.
- When we say baby and child-friendly, we mean it! No need to cram the highchair, travel cot, booster seat, and a million other pieces of paraphernalia into the car, we’ve got it sorted! Our stylish cottages are equipped with the kit young families need from sterilisers and stairgates, to black-out blinds and bed sides. There’s also a washer drier in each cottage to make light work of muddy farm clothes. If you can’t see what you need in our cottage inventory, ask us and we will endeavour to get it for you. We keep baby carriers on-site too for when you stride out through the farm and picture-perfect woodlands (in that one 20 minute gap in the day when your little one is sufficiently feed, watered, and rested so, now, wait for it, you can go out!).
- Calling all mini farmers to feed the farm’s animals: The days of long lie-ins might seem a distant memory, but what better way to start the day than feeding the farm’s animals? Mini farmers can bottle-feed lambs, and feed pigs, chickens, goats, alpacas and guinea pigs who insist on their breakfast being served bright and early. Just don’t forget your wellies!
- Let them play all day… Tredethick is the perfect place to challenge and inspire young minds and bodies. Our outside playpark has swings, slides and climbing frames, inside we have two play barns, designed to ensure little ones are never bored. One is a dedicated soft play area for safe tumbling and rolling (also equipped with comfy sofas and free Lavazza coffee). Our larger barn has exciting play equipment including a giant sandpit. Table footie and table tennis is also a winner for older members of the family. We have plenty of all-weather activities so there’s always fun options.
- Water babies can take the plunge for the first time: If you haven’t taken your little one for a dip yet, Tredethick’s beautiful indoor pool is a great first splash on their road to swimming. Tredethick’s pool is heated to 30 °C, making it a warm and toasty experience for all. Fun inflatables and swimming aids are on hand to build water confidence through play.
- Get behind the wheel of our play tractors, scooters & balance bikes: John Deere mini tractors are available for aspiring farmers to use to tour around the farm. The tractors can be used on our farm-themed balance bike track, as well as free-to-use micro scooters and Strider balance bikes. Make sure you fill up at the petrol station half way around the track!
- My first little pony ride: Join Tredethick’s experienced stable hands for a lead rein pony ride. Ladybird, Beau and Little Joe are gentle and friendly ponies who help to create a positive first riding experience. Budding riders can also get a special rosette for their achievement.
- Egg-cellent egg collecting for a cottage brunch: Tredethick’s clever chickens lay enough eggs for our mini farmers to take one each back to their cottage for a cracking brunch. From an egg-stremely delicious boiled, poached or fried egg, to an egg-ceptional omelette get your mini farmer cooking farm-fresh food.
- Shhhuuuush – Escape to the hot tub garden: Exclusively for adults, our secluded hot tub garden enjoys a breath-taking view across the Fowey River Valley. Grab your complimentary dressing gown and get down there (just don’t tell the kids). For an extra sneaky half hour, relax in our futuristic garden pod with your book and glass of wine!
- Let someone else cook: Our on-site farm shop offers delicious COOK meals for all the family, as well as lots of locally-produced goodies including fresh eggs, bacon, pasty crisps, apple juice, shortbread, honey and cider. Less locally produced prosecco and wine are available too! There’s also crab lines, rock pooling, water bottles and Tredethick kids’ t-shirts for sale.
- All inclusive, Tredethick-style: Once you are here, every activity is free, not to mention the homegrown logs to keep your log burner cosy. What’s more, guests in our eight beautiful cottages have exclusive use of all facilities. We do not allow other people to use our facilities. From the soft play, with complimentary coffee and magazines, to our 12 metre indoor pool and balance bike track, everything is included in your week’s stay.