Trelew Farm B&B
Trelew Farm Bed and Breakfast is a 17th century farmhouse at the end of a country lane near Penzance. It sits on its own and is surrounded by open countryside in the heart of west Cornwall. Award winning farmhouse bed and breakfast accommodation where you can enjoy a relaxed stay. Ideal for couples or extended family.
About Trelew Farm
- Rooms are freshly decorated
- High level of comfort
- Two rooms available
- Double en-suite and triple en-suite
- Both with superior quality mattresses + spacious showers
- 19’’ flat screen TV and tea/coffee facilities
- hair dryer and alarm/clock radio.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Breakfast is served in the guest dining room
- Full English or smoked salmon and scrambled eggs using their own fresh farm eggs
- Sausages and bacon from the local butcher
- Special diets are catered for
- The guest lounge has books/maps with information on the surrounding area
- Enjoy cream teas in the garden
- Nature trail walk to Boscawen-un stone circle
- Parking is plentiful on the working dairy farm
Trelew Farm is four miles west of Penzance and the fishing harbours of Newlyn and Mousehole and six miles from Land's End.The coastline in the far west of Cornwall and West Penwith in particular is spectacular and steeped in history. Much of the coastline can be viewed from the coastal footpath, including small coves that are only accessible on foot. Ruins of tin mines and their chimneys dot the landscape and give an insight into how the Cornish used to work.
The far west of Cornwall and the surrounding area has many gardens that are well worth a visit. Hardy and tender plants flourish in the warmer climate here, protected in valleys and the countryside. The farm is within 5 miles of a number of sandy beaches.
Trelew Farm Nature Trail
During your stay at Trelew Farm, follow the signposted nature trail to the stone circle Boscawen–un. Boscawen–un is a prehistoric stone circle, which was first recorded in 1582. Of the 19 outer stones, 18 are granite and the remaining stone is quartz – see if you can find it! Ask at the farmhouse for more information. You can then continue along our footpaths to link up with the coastal path.
- St Michael's Mount
- Minack Theatre
- St Ives Bay
- Tate St Ives
- Barbara Hepworth Museum
- Trengwainton Garden
- Trewidden Garden
- Penlee House Gallery
- Sennen Cove
- Long Rock
- Prussia Cove
In summary Trelew Farm offer delicious breakfasts using local produce from their own farm. It is just 4 miles from Penzance and close to many of west Cornwall's small picturesque fishing villages, perfect for exploring. There are just two rooms available, perfect for couples or extended family.
Trelew farm B & B is featuring in the 13th edition of Lonely planet Great Britain travel guide which comes out in May 2019.