Downs Barn Farm
It offers you comfort, relaxation and a genuinely warm welcome, Downs Barn Farm bed and breakfast are just 15 minutes from Penzance on the south coast between Mousehole and Porthcurno. Perfectly located for exploring West Cornwall. Designed with couples in mind.
About Downs Barn Farm
- Complimentary Cornish cream tea in the garden on arrival
- Two delightful en-suite bedrooms
- Private guest lounge
- The bedrooms are the ultimate in comfort with luxurious soft furnishings
- Extremely comfortable king size beds
- Lovely views with the sea in the distance
- Modern en-suite bathrooms, one with a deep roll top bath.
- Fresh flowers
- Well stocked tea trays with homemade biscuits.
- Lots of little thoughtful extras to make your stay feel special
- A perfect haven for you to return to each day
- Our award winning breakfasts
- Spacious dining room
- All breakfasts are freshly cooked to order using local & organic produce where possible
- Special diets can always be catered for with a little notice
- The comfortable guest sitting room has a lovely open log fire
- Good selection of local books, maps, games and dvd's
- Come and go as you please
From the doorstep you can take a stroll through the fields and woods to the tranquil and beautiful St Loy cove. Should you wish to walk the South West coastal footpath, the farm is just a 15 minute walk to the coast. The famous open air Minack Theatre is only a 10 minute drive. Perfectly situated for visiting Mousehole, Penzance, St Ives, St Just, Lands End, St Michael's Mount and the many beautiful and secluded coves and beaches in the area. If you enjoy eating freshly caught fish and local farm produce, there is a wonderful selection of restaurants within a short drive. You might prefer a summer evening stroll to the local pub, or you could choose to picnic in the garden or on a local beach watching the sun go down.
In summary Downs Barn Farm bed and breakfast near Penzance, west Cornwall offers stunning landscapes, an abundance of wildlife, truly dark starry nights and relaxing accommodation.
- St Michael's Mount
- Pre-historic sites including Merry Maidens + Lanyon Quoit
- Geevor Heritage Centre
- The Lizard
- Trengwainton Garden
- Land's End
- Minack Theatre
- Tate St Ives
- Barbara Hepworth Museum
- St Loy Cove
- Sennen Cove
- Prussia Cove beach
- Long Rock beach
- Perranuthnoe beach
- Lamorna Cove beach
- Praa Sands beach
- Kenneggy Sands beach
Cornwall Tourism Awards 2014/15 - Bed and Breakfast/Guest Accommodation of the Year - Commended
In summary, this 5 start award winning bed and breakfast is perfect for a romantic break to west Cornwall. The luxury accommodayion was created with couples in mind and offers a delicious full English breakfast and cream tea on arrival. Nearest beach is just a 20 minute walk - St Loy Cove.