Gradings and inspections explained
All properties listed on this website have been graded or inspected by the following or have agreed to the Visit Cornwall Accommodation Charter:
- The AA - full guide to AA gradings from AA website
- Visit England / Enjoy England - full guide to gradings from Enjoy England website
- A recognised inspection scheme
Some establishments listed may have recently applied to be graded / inspected are therefore awaiting assessment - these establishments will show 'Award pending'.
A quick guide:
1 star - simple, practical, no frills
2 star - well presented and well run
3 star - good level of quality and comfort
4 star - excellent standard throughout
5 star - exceptional standard with a degree of luxury
Visit England also issue Gold and Silver Awards to accommodation showing exceptional levels of cleanliness, facilities and customer care.
Recognised inspection schemes:
Recognised inspection schemes are run by local tourism associations and businesses schemes to ensure tourism accommodation providers meet minimum standards to make premises legal, safe, clean and green.
- Cornish Quality, Bude TIC 01288 354240 – email@example.com
- Newquay for Excellence Training 01637 871067 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quality in Cornwall 01726 870115 - email@example.com
- Quality in Falmouth 01326 319947 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- English Country Cottages 0845 268 0785
- Cottages4you 0845 268 0760
- Alastair Sawdays 01275 395433 - email@example.com
- Approved Family Friendly 0845 6802148 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that some organisations may only cover specific areas of Cornwall and others will cover a wider area of the county.