At Ekopod, we have a variety of glamping units, all individually designed, nestled in a beautiful rural landscape. Whether you chose our geodomes, glamping pod or safari tents, each pod has king size beds, crisp white sheets, pocket sprung mattressess, thick duvets, fluffy white towels, proper flushing toilets and a cosy wood burning stove. They are each set in their own private space, have their own individual bbq area and all have wonderful views.
The geodomes have a king size bed as well as a sofa that can be split into two singles so sleep up to 4, our glamping Pod Steren sleeps 2 and our 2 safari tents each sleep 8 accross 2 king size beds and 2 sets of bunk beds
All of our units except Kensa geodome, have their own private bathroom and kitchen next door. Kensa has use of the kitchen and bathroom in the main barn area.
At Ekopod we don’t use any electricity in the pods, which as well as benefiting the environment gives you a real chance to switch off. And that’s what you get from a holiday with us – a sense of returning to the simpler things in life (but in comfort).
Located in Bodmin Moor, we are only 2 hours from Bristol and 4 from London in an area known locally as “The Peaceful Valley”, just 30 minutes distance from dramatic coastline, of Tintagel, pretty towns such as Boscastle and Port Issac and the beautiful beaches surrounding Bude, Ekopod is an excellent base camp for exploring the whole of Cornwall. On wet days the Eden Project, Lanhdyrock Estate and Carnglaze cavern are all within a 40 minute drive.
Our favourites from the many nearby attractions:
- Go surfing at Widemouth Bay (20 mins drive) or one of Budes other lovely beaches
- Hike up Roughtor and Brown Willy, The highest point in Cornwall (15 mins drive)
- Visit the Eden Project (45 min drive)
- Chose one of the pretty harbour towns to spend an afternoon, such as Port Issac, Boscastle or Padstow (20-45 mins)
- Explore Tintagel the legendary birth place of King Arthur (25 minute drive)
- Test your brains solving puzzles at The Hidden Valley (15 minutes)
- Tackle one of the South West Coast paths many sections - our favourite is the Tintagel to Boscastle section (20 minute drive to Boscastle start)
- Eat at one of the many amazing restaurants in the area from our local pub the Rising Sun to Nathan Outlaw's two michelin starred restaurant in Port Issac
- Cycle the Camel trail taking in the Tamar Valley Vinyard
- Take a boat trip to spot dolphins