Discover this hidden Secret in the City: The Alverton.A beautifully unique Grade II listed hotel in the heart of Truro, where city style meets laid back Cornish hospitality.
- In the heart of the city of Truro
- Five minute vwalk to the shops
- Close to Truro Cathedral
About The Alverton
- 4 star hotel
- Grade 11 listed
- Heritage Chic style
- 50 gorgeous en suite bedrooms
- 5 spacious suites
- Bridal luxury suite
- Heating controls
- Freeview TV
- Complimentary superfast wifi
- Tea/coffee facilities
- Al fresco terrace
- Private gardens
What can you do during your stay?
- Explore the city of Truro
- Take a city walking tour
- Take a river ferry to Falmouth or St Mawes
- Visit Truro Cathedral
- Take a picnic in Victoria Gardens
- Book tickets for a show at Hall for Cornwall
- Discover the Royal Cornwall Museum
- Visit Trelissick Gardens
- Visit Trewithen House and gardens
- Visit The Lost Gardens of Heligan
- Spend the day at The Eden Project
- Explore Charlestown & Mevagissey
- Take a day trip to Falmouth
Set amongst lush green gardens, The Alverton is a little piece of tranquility in the city. Once a convent, and grade II listed, the hotel is adorned in history and boasts a wealth of breathtaking original features. Perfectly located for all major attractions and destinations, The Alverton makes the perfect base for your Cornish adventure.
Food is their forte at The Alverton. The award-winning breakfast has plenty of choice including fresh fruit salad, cereals (such as homemade granola), or something hot to order. Whether it's the full Cornish Breakfast, smoked haddock or pancakes drizzled in maple syrup, you'll be set-up for the day ahead.
At lunchtime head to the restaurant for a light bite, or sample their infamous Afternoon Tea - with delicate finger sandwiches, freshly baked scones and scrumptious cakes it's a real treat. On Sunday tuck into a traditional roast for all the family.
In the evening, indulge in fresh, seasonal dishes from Head Chef Simon George and his brigade and choose from an extensive wine and Champagne wall. After dinner enjoy a refreshing cocktail, or in winter a rich espresso and homemade petit fours by the fire.
In summary, offering a stylish and relaxed setting to stay, work, eat out or celebrate in Truro as well as providing a convenient, central base from which to explore Cornwall.