Set amongst emerald lawns and ancient trees, The Alverton has resided on its hillside setting since the nineteenth century, and is a converted convent turned 4-star hotel. An oasis just a stone’s throw away from the city centre, the beautifully designed interiors of this grade-II listed building, breath-taking architecture and gorgeous private gardens peacefully contrast the vibrant feel in Truro’s centre just a short walk away. Relax at this hidden gem, and treat yourself to a slice of laidback luxury.
Foodies will fall in love with The Alverton’s two AA-rosette award-winning restaurant. The menu is bursting with Celtic-inspired culinary creations, and the chefs’ passion for rich, flavoursome Cornish ingredients are evident with every forkful. Overlooking manicured lawns, you’ll be transported from the city centre to a botanical paradise. For light bites and expertly mixed cocktails, fine wine and Cornish tipples, kick back and relax in the welcoming bar area.
All 51 of The Alverton’s bedrooms offer tradition, comfort and romance, blending original features with luxury furnishings and contemporary finishes. The Courtyard, a newly renovated complex finalised in 2016, homes 15 of The Alverton’s most spectacular, individually designed bedrooms and suites. Modern fixtures and patterns have been cleverly placed amongst unique elements uncovered from the historic property. Think free standing roll top bath tubs, exposed brickwork, epic archways and stained glass windows.
Whether you’re planning a romantic retreat or a family getaway, let The Alverton pamper you with exceptional service and top quality hospitality at their ivy-clad hotel on the hill.
- Perched on the outskirts of the city of Truro
- Ten minute walk to the city centre
- Close to Truro Cathedral
About The Alverton
- 4 silver star hotel
- Grade II listed building
- Heritage Chic style
- 51 gorgeous en suite bedrooms
- Stunning junior suites with roll-top bath tubs
- Bridal luxury suite
- Heating controls
- Freeview TV
- Complimentary superfast wifi
- Tea/coffee facilities
- Al fresco terrace
- Private gardens
What can you do during your stay?
- Explore the city of Truro
- Take a city walking tour
- Take a river ferry to Falmouth or St Mawes
- Visit Truro Cathedral
- Take a picnic in Victoria Gardens
- Book tickets for a show at Hall for Cornwall
- Discover the Royal Cornwall Museum
- Visit Trelissick Gardens
- Visit Trewithen House and Gardens
- Visit The Lost Gardens of Heligan
- Spend the day at The Eden Project
- Explore Charlestown & Mevagissey
- Take a day trip to Falmouth