Merchant House Hotel
Perfectly positioned near the centre of Truro – Cornwall’s buzzing and beautiful cathedral city – The Merchant House Hotel is just a short stroll from the nearby train station and a host of fabulous bars, restaurants and shops.
A great value stay in the City- With free full breakfast, free on-site parking, free wi-fi and free tea/coffee and homemade cake every afternoon when booking direct!
- Less than 10 minute walk from Truro city centre
- Quiet residential area
- Close to the train station
About The Merchant House Hotel
- 30 bedrooms (8 are dog friendly rooms)
- Accessibility room with ramp access
- Comfy beds
- Fluffy duvets
- Large flat screen tv’s
- Tea and coffee facilities
- Powerful hairdryers
- Free full English breakfast
- Free on-site parking
- Free speedy Wifi throughout the building
- Free tea/ coffee with homemade cake 1-6pm
- Quiet location with 7-10 minute walk to City centre
- Licensed bar
- Cosy lounge with log burner to enjoy a takeaway
- Guest launderette & drying room
- Secure bike storage
- Outdoor heated doggy shower
Doggy visitors are able to enjoy a warm shower after a muddy walk in the Cornish countryside, complete with doggy shampoo and fluffy towels to dry off in their brand new outdoor Dog Wash. This is available to all Dog owners staying at Merchant House Hotel.
We charge £10 per night for dogs. To arrange a dog stay please speak to reception so we can make sure you are booked in the correct room, as we only have so many rooms we allow dogs in.
What can you do during your stay?
- Explore the city of Truro
- Take a city walking tour
- Take a river ferry to Falmouth or St Mawes
- Visit Truro Cathedral
- Take a picnic in Victoria Gardens
- Book tickets for a show at the Hall for Cornwall
- Discover the Royal Cornwall Museum
- Visit Trelissick Gardens
- Visit Trewithen House and gardens