The Greenbank Hotel
Book direct and receive £10 credit to spend
Rise and shine to sun-speckled harbour views. Submerge yourself in characterful history. Dive into delicious food and breathe in the sea-salt air. At The Greenbank, our unique location, rich Cornish heritage, contemporary styling and outstanding levels of service keep guests coming back, year after year. Whether you’re paddling at the shoreline, strolling the bustling cobbled streets or lounging on our terrace, we know you’ll be captivated by Falmouth and what it has to offer.
From the height of summer when the town is bustling with holiday-makers, beaches look like far-flung, exotic destinations and flip flops are the everyday attire, to the crisp autumn winter months when Christmas lights twinkle, seagulls swoop beside stormy seas and the scent of oven-baked pasties fills the streets, there is beauty and Cornish charm to be discovered 365 days a year in Falmouth, and The Greenbank is rooted deep in the history of the town.
- Nestled on historic Falmouth harbour
- A prime seafront location
- 5 minute stroll into Falmouth town centre
About The Greenbank
- Serene contemporary spaces on the water's edge
- Falmouth's oldest hotel, built in 1640
- Played host to the famous packet ship captains in the 1700s and Florence Nightingale in 1907
- Kenneth Grahame based Wind in the Willows on his stay here
- Private pontoons free for guests to use
- Cornish pub - The Working Boat - established in 1876
- Tranquil spa treatment room
- Rustic fine dining set against stunning vistas
- Deep soft beds calling out to sleepy heads
- Classic, Superior and Deluxe rooms available plus Master Suites
- Dog-friendly rooms with doggy treats, bowls and blankets
- Complimentary Cornish tea, coffee and biscuits in every room
- Free WiFi throughout
- 24 hour room service and ample parking
What can you do during your stay at The Greenbank?
- Explore the National Maritime Museum Cornwall
- Spend a day at Flambards Theme Park
- Visit the Gweek Seal Sanctuary
- Discover Pendennis Castle
- Take the train and visit Truro Cathedral and shopping
- Explore the Fal River by boat
- Enjoy the beaches and walk the coastpath
The Water's Edge Restaurant
Breathe in the scent of sizzling bacon as the sun rises. Dive in to freshly prepared oysters as a spring breeze whips across the bay. Dine on Cornwall’s bounty as the water laps beneath you. This is a restaurant experience to be savoured. The award-winning two AA Rosette restaurant offers truly modern British cuisine – fusing styles, techniques and flavours to shape an irresistible menu.
Sample succulent seafood and fish landed in Cornwall, delicious local meats and seasonal vegetables and fruits grown and reared right on our doorstep. From artisan breads and cheeses, to foraged foods plucked from Cornish hedgerows, captains of the kitchen Nick Hodges and Bobby Southworth bring local produce to life, with inventive cuisine that is a treat for the eyes and the taste buds.
- Gyllyngvase beach
- Castle beach
- Swanpool beach
- Maenporth beach
At The Greenbank, you can be sure every element of your stay is ship shape. Relax, unwind and experience the laidback nature of Cornish life by the coast.
Check out The Greenbank's Restaurant and Weddings pages