The Cormorant Hotel
The Cormorant Hotel is a luxury boutique style hotel located in the tranquil village of Golant, near Fowey, South Cornwall.
Nestled amongst the wooded banks just 2 miles up-river from Fowey, this boutique style hotel enjoys panoramic views across the River Fowey that are just as perfect for winter breaks as they are summer. All bedrooms have splendid river views and most have balconies.
The location is quite magical, making the hotel one of the most beautiful places to stay. The wooded hillside on the opposite riverbank provides the perfect backdrop to catch the sunrise from your balcony. On clear evenings, the River Fowey looks spectacular in the reflected moonlight. A breath-taking sight you will never forget.
About the hotel
Of all the luxury hotels in Cornwall, The Cormorant is perhaps the most relaxing and secluded.The sumptuous bedrooms all overlook the river and most have a generous private balcony - fantastic to sit on warm sunny days and balmy evenings. The stylish bedrooms are en-suite and have lovely beds with goose feather and down duvets and pillows, and cotton bed linen. +Here is a child-free environment - an ideal escape for grown-ups to enjoy the riverside setting without interruption. Your stay will definitely be memorable.
- Choose from Superior Rooms or Double Rooms all with River Views
- Comfortable beds with goose feather and down duvets and pillows
- Flat screen digital TV
- River views
What can you do during your stay?
- Explore the South West Coast Path towards Mevagissey or Looe to the east
- Visit Eden Project (9 miles)
- Spend a few hours at the Lost Gardens of Heligan (16 miles)
- Take a river trip along the Fowey
- Visit the antique shops in Lostwithiel (8 miles)
- Take the ferry from Fowey to Polruan and explore
- Discover the secrets of Charlestown Shipwreck & Heritage Centre (7 miles)
- Try out watersports at Polkerris beach (3 miles)
- Walk around the historic port of Fowey
- Visit the historic port of Charlestown; home of the tall ships (7 miles)
Dining at The Cormorant Hotel
Our award winning two rosetted restaurant in Cornwall overlooks the River Fowey and our talented Head Chef Dane Watkins takes great pride in choosing only the best of Cornish produce. Combine this with the superb service on offer at The Cormorant Hotel’s Restaurant and it's clear why we have one of the best Restaurants in Fowey Cornwall on our hands.
If you’re wondering where to eat in Cornwall then we urge you to join us, for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner and enjoy a memorable meal at one of Cornwall’s few restaurants to hold two AA rosettes. For almost all of the year we can guarantee you spectacular river views, and on dark winter's evenings enjoy candlelight and a roaring log fire.
- Readymoney Cove
- Par Sands
- Pentewan Sands
In summary, The Cormorant Hotel offers luxury and seclusion in a unqiue riverside location.