The Fowey Hotel
Located on the South Cornwall coast, this elegant, 37 bedroom, Victorian hotel nestling in the hillside offers spectacular views of the River Fowey and the sea beyond. This 4 star boutique hotel is steeped in history and boasts an acquaintance with authors such as Daphne Du Maurier and Kenneth Graham. Indeed there are framed letters from the Wind In The Willows’ author to his son, to whom he referred to as ‘Mouse’, penned during his stay at the hotel.
The hotel offers guests and visitors the choice of fine dining, in the AA rosette, Spinnakers Restaurant, or light bites, lunches and afternoon teas in the Outlook Bar or indeed, on sunny days, on the Terrace or in the garden.
The hotel is located on The Esplanade so it’s a quick and easy walk into Fowey itself, down to the quayside or to the South West Coast Path.
There is parking available although it is limited so it’s always best to reserve/check with the hotel ahead of your stay.
- Situated in a prominent position in Fowey
- Overlooking the Fowey Estuary
- Easy walk into Fowey along the Esplanade
- Eight miles from St Austell
About the hotel
- 37 bedroom boutique hotel
- AA Rosette restaurant, Spinnakers
- Premier Rooms available
- Honeymoon Suite with private roof terrace
- All of our rooms have en-suite bathrooms
- Tea and coffee-making facilities
- Toiletries as standard
- Pre-booked parking by arrangement
What can you do during your stay?
- Explore the South West Coast Path towards Mevagissey or Looe to the east
- Visit Eden Project (9 miles)
- Spend a few hours at the Lost Gardens of Heligan (16 miles)
- Take a river trip along the Fowey
- Take the ferry to Polruan and explore
- Discover the secrets of Charlestown Shipwreck & Heritage Centre (7 miles)
- Try out watersports at Polkerris beach (3 miles)
- Walk into the historic port of Fowey
- Take a ferry from Fowey to look around the quaint harbour town shops of Mevagissey
- Visit the historic port of Charlestown; home of the tall ships (7 miles)
The elegant Spinnakers Restaurant offers a Table d’Hôte menu, fusing fabulous local ingredients with superb flavours. The award-winning menus include delicious seafood, locally-reared beef and fresh vegetables, delicious desserts and traditional British ‘puddings’.
The Outlook Bar has fantastic views overlooking our gardens and the river, with a menu offering a range of sandwiches, lighter meals and snacks.
- Readymoney Cove
- Par Sands
- Pentewan Sands
In summary, spectacular estuary views, a fantastic restaurant, and perfect for exploring Fowey and the surrounding South Cornwall coast.
Check out the Fowey Hotel Weddings page