The Idle Rocks
The Idle Rocks enjoys the most beautiful location, perched on the harbour wall of St Mawes, the quintessential English fishing village on the southern tip of the Roseland Peninsula. It is impossible to get any closer to the water, so it presents the perfect vantage point for watching life go by on the sea. This seriously chic beachside hotel, with beautifully designed interiors, doesn’t present itself as anything other than a welcoming home-from-home, a place where people can relax and re-engage with the simpler pleasures in life.
- On the water's edge in the heart of St Mawes, the Roseland Peninsula
- Overlooking the harbour
- 19 bedrooms each with a unique décor scheme and luxury bathroom
- Some rooms with wet room style showers
- Some rooms have free-standing roll top baths with sea views
- Flat screen TV’s disguised as mirrors
- The finest Egyptian linens on the super king-size beds
- Aromatherapy Associate toiletries
- Nespresso machines
- Mini fridges in most rooms
- Kid's play room
What can you do during your stay?
- Explore the shops and galleries in the village
- Go kayaking
- Take a sailing lesson
- Hire a motor boat and visit nearby beaches
- Go fishing
- Take the ferry to the busy port of Falmouth
- Walk to St Mawes castle
The Restaurant and Bar
Great Cornish produce is simply prepared, cooked and served. It comes right from the door step. When they can forage, they do. When the markets are open, they are there. Whilst the food will be served to the very highest standard, the setting is relaxed – providing a real home-from-home feeling. The philosophy: good-old-fashioned hospitality, simplicity and friendliness. The Kitchen, Restaurant and Bar team are energetic, passionate and driven to deliver this experience to all guests.
Lunch can be enjoyed on the south-facing terrace in the afternoon, and in the evening it’s all about sipping a glass of Champagne or trying one of a wide range of cocktails before dinner, often alfresco on summer nights.
Executive Head Chef, Dorian Janmaat, keeps the food focus on local produce wherever possible – he knows the journey made by every ingredient, from plough, line or net to plate. His seasonally evolving menus often feature delicacies that he has foraged from the seashore or Roseland woodland.
- Summers Beach
- Tavern Beach
- Towan Beach - The Roseland
- Hemmick Beach
- Carne Beach
In summary, The Idle Rocks is a place to visit year-round, to come and relax, re-engage with the simpler pleasures in life.