Housel Bay Hotel
Housel Bay Hotel is a quality 21 bedroom hotel overlooking the western approaches of the Atlantic Ocean, and is a perfect spot for exploring West Cornwall and the South coast of Cornwall. Perfect for exploring The Lizard, within walking distance of Cadgwith, a small fishing village, Kennack, Coverack and all points to Falmouth. Also, lovely Kynance Cove, Mullion and Porthleven.
About Housel Bay Hotel
- Stands on its near-perfect position on The Lizard in Cornwall
- Fantastic sea views
- Designed and built in the early 1890's
- Wonderful example of late Victorian architecture
- The Cornish Coast Path trickles through the hotel gardens
- All 21 bedrooms have their own bathrooms and
- Those in the gable-ends of the building are furnished with sitting areas
- 'The Dining Room' restaurant serves breakfast, lunches, snacks and dinner all to AA Rosette standard
- Guests can enjoy a drink on the wide terrace or lower decking before dining in the Conservatory
The Hotel Rooms
All 21 rooms have en-suite facilities, television, direct-dial phones and the other amenities you will expect from a three-star hotel.
10 rooms look out directly over the ocean Of these, 4 are larger rooms within the gable-ends of the hotel; 2 are fitted with 4-poster beds and 2 with twin or king-size double beds. Each has two easy chairs and a coffee table placed at the bay windows.
The other 6 sea-view rooms are standard size, but with the same amenities. A further 10 rooms, still to the same high standard of fittings, have rural outlooks from the sides of the hotel.
The Dining Room Restaurant
The Dining Room Restaurant at the Housel Hotel is a fine dining experience and the chef, Lee Harris formerly of Marco Pierre Whites restaurant in Dubai has a genuine passion for using only the freshest, most vibrant and authentic ingredients from local suppliers. The vast majority of produce on offer is locally sourced and if not from Cornwall, then from the Southwest of England. Current suppliers include; Gwavas Jersey Farm (located in The Lizard Village) for dairy products, Cadgwith Cove Fishermen & Matthew Stevens & Son for fresh fish & shell fish, nearby Trevarthen Farm for succulent, native Cornish meat & tangy fruit & vegetables from Westcountry Fruit & Veg.
- Beautiful coastal path for walking
- Cadgwith, a small fishing village where the Lizard Lifeboat is located
- Kennack, Coverack and (over several days) all points to Falmouth
- Kynance Cove in a little over the hour or Mullion and Porthleven within a day
- Inland walks such as Frenchmans Creek and the Helford River
- Golf, Tennis, Sailing, Diving & Fishing are all available within ten minutes to half-an-hour's drive
- The nearby Golf courses are at Mullion, Praa Sands, Helston and Falmouth
- Arrangements can be made with local fishermen for sea fishing or just for meandering around the coastline
- For the braver souls 'Lizard Adventure' may be of interest
- Kynance Cove
- Bessy's Cove
- Housel Bay
- Kennack Sands
- Mullion Cove
- Polpeor Cove
Easter Sunday - 16th April 2017
Enjoy a drink in the bar next to the roaring log fire, then on to a fine four-course lunch in one of Cornwall's most beautiful settings.
Our Easter Sunday lunch is £28 per person. Turn this Easter into a mini-break by the sea, by staying the night in one of our cosy rooms, please check our tariff page for overnight B&B rates. View a sample menu at www.houselbay.com/easter_in_cornwall