Jopes Mill and Lodge
Jopes Mill is a beautifully renovated detached 18th century watermill set in 5 acres of beautiful riverside gardens and woodland. Its conversion to provide luxury 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom accommodation was completed in 2020, preserving its original features and making it a truly unique place to stay.
- The original mill workings provide a spectacular backdrop for the dining room, with access to a private terrace.
- Newly fitted kitchen with dishwasher, washer/drier, fridge/freezer, etc.
- The lounge is in the original milling room and has two pairs of millstones and an oak beamed ceiling. It has a wood burning stove and a plentiful supply of wood for cozy nights in.
- The first-floor bedroom is double height and can be arranged with a king size double bed or two singles – it has a skylight which floods the room with light.
- The second-floor bedroom has a king size double bed and exposed beams, with views down to the river and across the woods.
- There are bathrooms on the first and second floors – one with a bath and one with a shower.
The mill has full central heating. To provide more flexible accommodation we have a comfortable sofa bed in the lounge.
Jopes Lodge is a former artist’s studio which has been converted to provide luxury open plan accommodation. The sleeping area has a king size double bed and the living area benefits from a wood burning stove, TV, etc. The newly fitted kitchen has an eye level cooker and a microwave, hob, dishwasher, washer/drier and fridge. The slate tiled bathroom has a large shower enclosure. Heating is by electric heaters, supplemented by the wood burner with plenty of free wood supplied. A key feature of the Lodge is its large (4 metres x 4 metres) covered and heated veranda overlooking the river Seaton, a wonderful place to relax.
Both properties have access to our excellent fibre broadband, with connected TVs. including Netflix and Prime subscriptions. We have carefully selected and tested hotel quality beds with pocket sprung mattresses, satin stripe luxury bedding and lovely soft towels.
Visitors to Jopes Mill and Lodge have unlimited private access to 5 acres of riverside gardens and woodland, including 400 meters of the beautiful River Seaton. Whether you want to take a stroll around the many paths and lawns, build dens in the woods, have camp-fires in the fire pits, or just sit and watch the river go by, this is the perfect setting.
Although we are easily accessible from the A38 the Seaton Valley is in a beautiful world of its own. If you can tear yourself away from Jopes there are many miles of woodland walks on your doorstep and the energetic have the option of walking or cycling the 4 miles down to the sea at Seaton – with plenty of eating and drinking options on the way and when you get there. Our local pub, the Copley Arms, is just over a mile’s gentle walk down the valley and serves food every day. Slightly further away Looe is around 10 mins by car and you can reach unspoilt and largely undiscovered Bodmin Moor in around 15 mins.
Your hosts, Nick and Sally Beach, live on site and are on hand to ensure that you have a wonderful stay at Jopes and that you discover everything this beautiful corner of Cornwall has to offer.