It is conveniently situated only 5 miles north of the south coast, and 13 miles from the surfing beaches of the North Coast at Watergate Bay. Its beautiful countryside setting will also attract those who wish to explore the surrounding area on foot or bicycle. The Eden Project, Lanhydrock, and The Lost Gardens of Heligan are a few of the attractions to visit locally. Also visit the historic Georgian harbour at Charlestown, the traditional working Cornish fishing village at Mevagissey, or discover some of the numerous sheltered sandy coves on the South Coast. There are also nearby walks along the clay trails and around Treskilling lakes, and the unique Luxulyan Valley and viaduct.
Local amenities include The Kings Arms at Luxulyan (just a ten minute walk), a busy local pub with good food at reasonable prices. There is a local shop at Luxulyan, and of course the usual supermarkets in nearby St Austell.
We are happy for you to bring two well behaved dogs at no additional charge. We have a field in the grounds, which is ideal for those early morning dog walks, or a quiet stroll.
The Accommodation comprises:
- A spacious living /dining area with comfortable sofas and a wood burning stove for those cosy nights in. There is a large pine table and chairs to seat six people.
- The large conservatory has wicker chairs in which to relax and enjoy the beautiful views over the surrounding countryside.
- There are three bedrooms, one with a king size double bed, one with a standard double bed, and one with twin beds.
- The kitchen is well equipped with an electric hob and cooker, together with a dishwasher, fridge, freezer and microwave.
- There is a bathroom and a shower room. The bathroom has been recently refitted with a shower over the bath, toilet and wash basin. The shower room has a shower, toilet and two wash basins.
- There is a washing machine in the outhouse, and a tumble dryer in the conservatory.
- There are electric storage heaters in all rooms with the exception of the bathrooms. Most of these are also convector heaters for instant heat if required. Bathroom 1 has a wall mounted fan heater and bathroom 2 has a heated towel rail.
- Ample parking space is provided for three cars adjacent to the main entrance to the conservatory.
- Towels and bed linen are provided free of charge.