Skysail is situated in an elevated position on the outer peninsular of Polkirt Hill in Mevagissey; hence it has an outstanding panoramic outlook. It has far reaching 180° coastal seaviews of Mevagissey Bay stretching away towards Fowey and Chapel Point and in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. A five-minute walk brings you to the bustling quintessential Mevagissey village, which has a thriving fishing fleet and offers mooring for small yachts. Fresh fish can be bought direct from the fishermen on the quay side.
Mevagissey also has a plethora of eateries, top notch restaurants, family restaurants, pubs, bars, cafes, continental cuisine, fish and chips, pasty shops, ice cream parlours and more. It has its own bakery, General Store, Post office, Boots, Bank (Lloyds part-time), veg Shop, boutiques and a huge range of gift shops, museum, aquarium (free), miniature railway and more. Skysail is perfectly positioned beyond the noise and bustle of the village, with fantastic views and in a prime position to set off on along the South West Coast Path.
- Just 20 miles from Newquay Cornwall Airport
- 6 miles from St Austell A390
- 5 minutes walk from Mevagissey centre and harbour
- Large, modern self-catering house on the edge of Mevagissey
- Spacious accommodation ideal for two families or a large party - sleeps 8
- Bedrooms on the ground floor
- Open plan living on the first floor offers a contemporary modern kitchen including 2 ovens, island hob and breakfast bar, it opens up on to a front sea-view balcony
- Two large bathrooms/wetrooms
- A lawned rear garden bordered with a variety of flowering shrubs which is accessed via the main living area at the same level with paved court yard and a separate lawned area to the front of the property.
- Sun terrace with sun loungers, rear and front patioAmple parking
- Books, DVDs and a Games Room
- Cornish Cream tea welcome with a meet and greet just to make sure you have all you need
- Ample parking
What can you do during your stay?
- Discover the picturesque harbour village of Mevagissey
- Explore the South West Coast Path towards St Mawes to the west or Fowey to the east
- Visit Eden Project (9 miles)
- Spend a few hours at the Lost Gardens of Heligan (3 miles)
- Discover the secrets of Charlestown Shipwreck & Heritage Centre (6 miles)
- Try out watersports at Pentewan beach (2 miles)
- Take a walk around the historic market town of St Austell (5 miles)
- Take a ferry trip from Mevagissey to the tudor port of Fowey
- Go sea fishing from the harbour
- Walk around the historic port of Charlestown; home of the tall ships (6 miles)
- Porthpean Beach
- Duporth Beach
- Par Sands
- Polkerris Beach
- Charlestown Beach
- Pentewan Sands
- Gorran Haven Beach