Chy an Carrack
Chy an Carrack - Cornish for House on the Rock, is a beautiful 5-star Gold rated house in a spectacular coastal setting, with panoramic sea views extending across the whole of St Ives Bay, from Godrevy lighthouse in the East to St Ives town, beaches and harbour in the West.
Originally built in 1905 for local shipping magnate Sir Edward Hain as a farmhouse for his estate, it has a distinctive and elegant arts and crafts style.
The house sits just below the South West Coast Path, a few minutes walk from the family friendly golden sands of one of St Ives' best beaches – Porthminster (there are 4 other beautiful beaches), and one of the town's best seafood restaurants right beside the waves. Walking through the town visitors can enjoy the lovely cobbled streets, shops, fishing harbour, and the artistic heritage and sights such as the numerous art galleries, the Tate and the Barbara Hepworth Museum & Sculpture Garden.
The property is as beautiful inside as its setting outside, with a soft seaside palette and furnishings and fittings from top quality local and British designers and makers. There are four superbly appointed upstairs bedrooms that feature relaxing and refreshing sumptuous mattresses and fresh white cotton linen. Three have stunning sea views and the twin/double room has gorgeous garden views. There is a further snug/cinema room that can also be used as a bedroom with a bespoke daybed.
There is a choice of reception rooms – guests can relax in the luxurious living room or watch the boats go by from the comfortable conservatory - both have panoramic sea views. Cooking and dining is a pleasure in the generous and well-appointed kitchen/dining room. The snug/tv room is a cosy space to watch a movie or sport with BT Infinity broadband, BT Sports and Netflix provided.
Outside guests can enjoy the sub-tropical terraced garden just soaking up the sun and the seaside ambience, or tuck into a tasty supper on the dining patio. A clamber to the top of the garden gets the best views over St Ives Bay.
From the minute guests arrive, this lovely holiday property is a delight.
- 4 upstairs bedrooms (2 king sized doubles (1 en suite), 1 twin/double, 1 single (en suite))
- 3 of the bedrooms have stunning sea views
- Additional downstairs snug with bespoke daybed that can also be used as an extra bedroom
- 3 bathrooms – 2 en suite shower rooms; 1 main bathroom (bath with shower over)
- 1 downstairs cloakroom
- Generous and well-appointed kitchen/dining room, with oven, microwave, hob and dishwasher, seats 8
- Conservatory with stunning panoramic sea views
- Living room with smart TV (BT TV including BT Sports and Netflix), panoramic sea views
- BT Infinity superfast wifi, printer also provided
- Snug with smart TV and bespoke daybed, can also be used as additional single bedroom
- Utility with additional dishwasher, washing machine, dryer
- Cot and highchair available
- Parking for up to 2 cars (1 large car/4x4 plus 1 small hatchback)
- From £1395 per week.
- Short breaks available from £795.
CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR ALL OUR LATEST NEWS AND SPECIAL OFFERS.