Key Worker Accommodation
Who Can Stay in Visitor Accommodation during the lockdown period?
Visitor accommodation may continue to operate for the following exceptions:
- (a) to provide accommodation for any person, who—
(i) is unable to return to their main residence
(ii) uses that accommodation as their main residence
(iii) needs accommodation while moving house
(iv) needs accommodation to attend a funeral
(v) is isolating themselves from others as required by law
(vi) is an elite athlete, the coach of an elite athlete, or (in the case of an elite athlete who is a child), the parent of an elite athlete, and needs accommodation for the purposes of training or competition,
- (b) to provide accommodation for any person who needs accommodation for the purposes of their work
- (c) to provide accommodation for any child who requires accommodation for the purposes of education
- (d) to provide accommodation for the purposes of a women’s refuge or a vulnerable person’s refuge
- (e) to provide accommodation or support services for the homeless
- (f) to provide accommodation for any person who was staying in that accommodation immediately before these Regulations came into force
- (g) to host blood donation sessions
- (h) for any purpose requested by the Secretary of State, or a local authority.
Note: (f) allows people to stay on in the accommodation if they were before the lockdown came into force – so people don’t have to return home immediately.
If one or more of the above applies to you, then we have created a list below of businesses in Cornwall willing to provide accommodation.
The Alverton Hotel: central Truro More Here
Benallack Barns: Self Catering between Truro and St Austell More Here
Boconnoc: Self catering in South-East Cornwall More Here
The Commercial: St Just in Penwith More Here
The Greenbank Hotel: Falmouth More Here
Ivy House Cornwall B&B: St Austell More Here
Little Gwendreath Cottages: Nr Helston, The Lizard More Here
Mannings Hotel: central Truro More Here
Penmorvah Manor Hotel: nr Falmouth More Here
Rose Vean B&B: Helston More Here
The Penventon Park Hotel: Redruth More Here