Blue Reef Aquarium
Newquay’s local aquarium is thrilled open to the public once again from Saturday 4th July – so visitors can enjoy the colourful wonders of an underwater world, right in the heart of Cornwall.
During your visit a dazzling undersea safari will lead you through the oceans of the world, from the local Cornish coast to the stunning beauty of the Tropical Reef. More than 40 innovative displays vividly bring to life the sights, sounds and smells of the sea, whilst regular feeding displays, rock-pool workshops and informative talks provide a fun and fascinating day out.
Why you should visit:
Visitors can enjoy the closest of undersea encounters with amazing aquatic life including seahorses, giant octopus, pulsating Jellyfish and fierce Piranha.
- An underwater tunnel allows visitors to enjoy a spectacular coral reef display housed within a 250,000 litre ocean tank - home to exotic tropical species like black tip reef sharks, Omiros the rescued loggerhead turtle, hundreds of brightly-coloured reef fish and a huge Southern Stingray.
- This ocean tank can also be admired through a number of viewing portholes, a floor to ceiling window and even from the surface - where Omiros often likes to pop up to say hello!
- Daily talks and feeding demonstrations bring the experience to life
- All weather experience
- Local marine species from the Cornish coast
- Extra seasonal and school holiday events that often involve competitions, arts and crafts and added workshops.
- New, baby marine life being reared and on display in the Blue Reef Nursery.