Nearwater Walking Holidays
Specialists in self guided walking holidays in Cornwall.
We are based on the south west coastal path in St Mawes, Cornwall.
- Walking Holidays in Cornwall - Inn to Inn self-guided walks.These are long distance walking holidays where you stay at a different place each night and we arrange your baggage transfer and accommodation.
- The South West Coastal path is Britain's longest long distance walk and offers a great challenge and wonderful varied scenery. We cover the whole of the Cornish section of the path as well as offering some great inland walking.
Our most popular walking holidays:
- Helford to Fowey: (6,7 or 8 nights) - Starting from the beautiful Helford River and allowing time to explore Frenchman's Creek (made famous by Daphne du Maurier). The route includes a days walk around Carrick Roads, one of the great natural harbours of the world. The highlights of the sailing village of St Mawes and the tiny fishing village of Portloe are included and the walk finishes in the bustling harbour of Fowey.
- Penzance to Falmouth: (6 or 7 nights) - Starting in the historic port of Penzance, this walk takes you around the magnificent wild beauty of the Lizard peninsula, before crossing the Helford river on a foot ferry and finishing in the great port of Falmouth.
- Padstow to St Ives: (6 or 7 nights) - Starting in the food capital of Cornwall, this route takes you down the stunning cliffs and huge surfing beaches of the North coast. It also includes sections past old abandoned mine workings, on which Cornwall's fortunes were made before finishing in the art capital of Cornwall St Ives, with its great art galleries and resident artists and great little restaurants.
- St Ives to Penzance: (6 nights) - Starting in beautiful St Ives, this walk takes you round the rugged and beautiful western most parts of Cornwall. You walk to Cape Cornwall around Lands End and pass through the iconic fishing village of Mousehole before arriving at the historic port of Penzance.
- Single Centre walks: Walking holidays where you are based at a single location. These walking holidays are run from our Luxury Bed and Breakfast in the beautiful coastal village of St Mawes in Cornwall. Walks will be a mixture of coastal and inland walks often involving a ferry trip at the start or finish.
- Bespoke walks: If you have an itinerary idea that is not listed in our standard walks, please ring and we will be happy to organise an entirely bespoke walking holiday just for you.