This page is an information guide on accessible Cornwall. Whatever your age, background or abilities, being less able doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy a visit to Cornwall any less.
- Using the Visit Cornwall website
- National Accessible Scheme (NAS) Grading
- Places to visit
- Easily accessible routes in Cornwall
- Beaches with disabled access
- Relaxed opening hours
- Advice for visitors with disability needs
- Public Toilets
- Changing Places Toilets
- Mobility Equipment Suppliers
- Cornwall Council Car Parks and Blue Badge parking
- Useful contacts
Using the Visit Cornwall website
Our things to do and accommodation listings can be filtered to show accessible and disability-friendly options. The search results will only show those products with further access information.
In all cases we advise you check with owners or managers that your particular requirements can be met before making a reservation. We are unable to inspect all aspects of establishments included on our listings. In many cases the information is self-assessed and at times changes are made without our knowledge.
National Accessible Scheme (NAS) Grading
The national tourist boards for England, Scotland and Wales operate this scheme to identify and acknowledge those places to stay that meet the needs of wheelchair users and those people with hearing and sight impairment. Accommodation listings will display a logo if they have National Accessible Scheme grading.
Places to visit
Cornwall has some of the most diverse and interesting places to visit, many with facilities for visitors with disabilities. Most attractions will provide access and facilities for our less mobile visitors, but it is best to check specific requirements with the attraction before your visit.
Easily accessible routes in Cornwall
There are many scenic routes in Cornwall suitable for disabled visitors where you can get out and enjoy the beautiful coast and countryside. We have created a list of accessible places to explore, please click here to find out more. You may also like to look at the South West Coast Path website, where you can search for stretches of the path that are accessible.
Beaches with disabled access
Many of the major resort beaches in Cornwall have access and facilities for our less mobile or agile visitors.
A number of Cornwall's beaches have sand chairs available for hire for visitors with disabilities, including:
- Summerleaze, Bude - Summerleaze Beach Office, 01288 352226
- Polzeath, Wadebridge - Wavehunters Surf School, 07969 660014
- Mawgan Porth, Newquay - Betty’s News, 01637 860240 or Kingsurf Surf School, 07917 054551
- Watergate Bay- Watergate Bay Hotel, 01637 860543
- Towan, Newquay - Blue Reef Aquarium, 01637 878134
- Fistral, Newquay
- Fistral Beach Surf Hire, 01637 850584
- Perranporth Beach - Perranporth Perranporth Garden Charities, 07881 521730
- St Agnes Beach- St Agnes Surf Life Saving Club, 07846 241861
- Hayle - Riviere Sands Holiday Park 01736 752132
- Porthminster, St Ives - Porthminster Beach Cafe, 01736 795352
- Porthcressa, St Mary’s, Isles of Scilly- Town Hall, 01720 422537
- Maenporth Beach- Life's a Beach Cafe, 07887 500104
- Marazion & St Michael’s Mount, Penzance - St Michael’s Mount, 01736 710265
- Gyllyngvase, Falmouth - Gylly Beach Cafe, 01326 312884
- Pentewan Beach - Cornwall Watersports, 01726 842939
- Par Beach - Par Sands Holiday Park, 01726 812868
- Polkerris Beach - Polkerris Beach Co, 01726 813306
- Readymoney Cove - Fowey Beach Shop, 07980 311646
- East Looe Beach, Looe - Looe Town Trust Seafront Workshops, 01503 263709
- Seaton Beach, Looe - Seaton Beach Cafe, 01503 250621
Relaxed opening hours
Many of Cornwall’s attractions offer relaxed opening hours from those who benefit from a calmer environment. Please check with the attraction prior to your visit to see if this is something that they offer.
Advice for visitors with disability needs
This is a user led, disabled peoples' organisation providing a range of services to empower, assist and facilitate independent living and when necessary, act as a representative voice for disabled people, their families and carers. There are lots of useful links within their site for those on holiday in Cornwall.
Contact: disAbility Cornwall, 1G & 1H Guildford Rd Industrial Estate, Guildford Rd, Hayle, TR27 4QZ.
Tel: 01736 759500.
For more information on the facilities provided, please contact the local town or parish council. Find out more here.
Changing Places Toilets
Across Cornwall there are now several Changing Places toilets with additional features and more space to meet the needs of people with disabilities.
An adult sized changing bench and a tracking hoist system or mobile hoist if this is not possible
Adequate space in the changing area for the disabled person and up to two carers
A centrally placed toilet with room either side for the carers
A screen or curtain to allow the disabled person and carer some privacy
Click here to find your nearest Changing Places toilet.
Mobility Equipment Suppliers
Cornwall Council Car Parks and Blue Badge parking
Please click here for the latest information on blue badge parking in Cornwall.
Find us on socials and stay connected with the Cornwall you love.