Welcome to Coswarth House
Voted Britain's "Best Hidden Gem" by Trip Advisor travellers, Coswarth House Bed & Breakfast in Padstow, Cornwall is a relaxed, informal yet stylish boutique bolthole in a recently renovated historic house with stunning views over the Camel Estuary to Rock. Winner of numerous awards and featured in many national publications, Coswarth still remains one of Cornwall’s best kept secrets.
- Sea View
- Beach Nearby
Rooms at Coswarth House
- Spacious, light bedrooms have been freshly refurbished to create relaxing spaces where antique furniture sits comfortably alongside contemporary touches.
- Spacious en-suite bathrooms with powerful showers & antique cast iron roll top baths to soak away your stresses & strains
- Soft, fluffy towels, waffle robes & stylish aromatherapy bathroom products (all hand blended) add a touch of opulence
- Secluded walled garden to relax, read a book & soak up the sun, stunning views of the Camel Estuary, a tranquil retreat
- Plenty of free on site, off street parking (highly prized in Padstow!)
- Free wifi access
Breakfast at Rick Steins Cafe
Included within the bed & breakfast rate you'll be treated to the most important meal of the day at Rick Stein's Cafe. The Cafe is down in the harbour just a few minutes stroll. Available from 8.00am for early birds or as late as 10.30am for those who prefer a lie in.
A table will be reserved for you & you'll be free to choose from the full range of breakfast options which includes mouth-watering treats such as layered granola compote with vanilla yoghurt and fresh berries, a wonderful English breakfast with eggs fried, poached or scrambled, freshly grilled locally sourced kippers & more adventurous options such as huevos rancheros*.
The team at the Cafe will keep you topped up with your choice of tea or coffee &, if you have the room for it, they'll bring extra toast made with Rick Stein's own bread accompanied with a selection of his preserves. You also have the luxury of daily newspapers and comfy seat upon which to relax while enjoying your breakfast.
“Voted Britain's "Best Hidden Gem" by Trip Advisor travelers, Coswarth House Bed & Breakfast in Padstow, Cornwall is a relaxed, informal yet stylish boutique bolthole in a recently renovated historic house with stunning views over the Camel Estuary to Rock.”
- Prideaux Place, historic house, in Padstow itself
- Catch the passenger ferry over to Rock
- Lots of lovely sandy beaches - Daymer Bay, Constantine Bay, Harlyn Bay and Porthcothan to name a few
- Cycle the Camel Trail from Padstow to Bodmin, via Wadebridge
- Visit award winning Camel Valley Vineyard
- Visit Lahydrock House and Gardens (NT) and Pencarrow House and Garden near Bodmin
To sum up
Coswarth House is less than 5 minutes stroll from the harbour with its selection of pubs, shops & restaurants, but far enough from the centre of town when you want to relax. The small team share a genuine commitment to friendly but unobtrusive service coupled with a passion for quality - keeping their eyes on all the little details to ensure you have a relaxing & enjoyable stay.
Discover your Cornwall
Long sandy beaches, hidden coves, rugged moorland, quaint fishing villages, deep wooded valleys, bustling seaside resorts, industrial heritage, rocky headlands, colourful gardens, idyllic rivers and a bijou city, Cornwall has a bit of everything for those who want to explore.
Your weekly dose of Cornish cheer!
When you can’t be in your favourite place all the time, catch up on the latest stories, upcoming events, holiday ideas, and offers with a newsletter straight to your inbox. Terms and Conditions / GDPR compliance: by providing personally identifiable information Visit Cornwall will use it to provide you with ongoing information about their products and services. No one from Visit Cornwall will rent, sell or lease this personally identifiable information to other companies or individuals.
Find us on socials and stay connected with the Cornwall you love.