Perfect beach living in a superb hotel above Watergate Bay
Watergate Bay Hotel is so close to the sea you can watch the surfers from the pool. It's about the balance in life: getting among the elements, eating and drinking well, having a good time with family and friends
All the great things you'd find in a mountain resort - on a spectacular beach on the North Cornwall coast near Newquay. An an irresistible combination of dramatic coastline, adrenaline sports, gorgeous accommodation, brilliant places to eat and drink, inspiring people and a truly relaxed vibe.
Stay at Watergate Bay
Take in the sea views from the 25-metre pool. Find some time to yourself while the children have a surf lesson. Relax after a beach walk in one of our dog-friendly rooms. Stride out onto the coast path, sink back with a cocktail, and as the sun begins to set, gather around the table at one of our three restaurants. All the rooms have been designed to provide perfect beach living. Some have sea views and some are family suites. They are all relaxed with barefoot comfort, fresh, coastal colours and all the right technology. The stunning oceanside location makes it easy to completely unwind and enjoy your holiday. An amazing, contemporary destination for everyone.
- Beach Nearby
- Breakfast included
- Dog Friendly
- EV Charging
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Hot tub
- Restaurant / Cafe
- Sea View
- Swimming Pool
About the Watergate Bay Hotel
- Overlooking the two mile wide golden sand Watergate Bay beach
- 10 minutes from Newquay Cornwall Airport
- Ideal spot for family beach breaks, adrenaline fuelled activity breaks or just relaxing breaks for couples
- Three restaurants offering a range of different dining experiences and seasonal menus
- Incredible views over the bay from The Living Space restaurant and bar
- Chilled out beachside food and drink at The Beach Hut
- A contemporary American dining experience in the hotel’s restaurant, Zacry’s
- 25m ocean-view infinity pool and poolside terraces
- Cliff top Canadian hot tub
- Pilates studio and cardio room offering cardio cycle, Nordic walking and yoga classes
- Four treatment rooms plus manicure and pedicure room overlooking the Bay
- Extreme Academy offering surfing, kiting, wave ski and hand planing lessons - or just hire the equipment you need
- Sport school with hot showers, changing facilities and secure lockers
- Kids Zone and the XA club where children can play safely and meet new friends
- Year round dog friendly two mile beach
- Some hotel rooms, The Living Space and The Beach Hut are all dog friendly
“Absolutely beautiful. Love love loved our stay. Watergate Bay Hotel has to be up there with one of my favourite hotels in the UK. Perfect for families, and it’s dog friendly too. Everything was just perfect. We will definitely be back.”sammiejoking, Trip Advisor
Discover your Cornwall
Long sandy beaches, hidden coves, rugged moorland, quaint fishing villages, deep wooded valleys, bustling seaside resorts, industrial heritage, rocky headlands, colourful gardens, idyllic rivers and a bijou city, Cornwall has a bit of everything for those who want to explore.
Your weekly dose of Cornish cheer!
When you can’t be in your favourite place all the time, catch up on the latest stories, upcoming events, holiday ideas, and offers with a newsletter straight to your inbox. Terms and Conditions / GDPR compliance: by providing personally identifiable information Visit Cornwall will use it to provide you with ongoing information about their products and services. No one from Visit Cornwall will rent, sell or lease this personally identifiable information to other companies or individuals.
Find us on socials and stay connected with the Cornwall you love.