Bedruthan Hotel and Spa
Bedruthan Hotel & Spa sits on a cliff top on Cornwall’s rugged north coast commanding sweeping views of Mawgan Porth Beach and the Atlantic beyond.
Warm and stylish, Bedruthan has beautiful interiors, delicious food, those staggering sea views and an inexhaustible supply of distractions for adults and children, both at the hotel itself and nearby.
The hotel has facilities for everyone - for couples, for families, and even for pets – including:
•A gorgeous sea view spa.
•Indoor and outdoor swimming pools.
•Quiet adult-only spaces where you can gaze out at the waves.
•Two lovely restaurants serving local and seasonal food – one family-friendly and the other serving more grown-up fare and perfect for couples
•Indoor and outdoor children’s play areas, free childcare, babysitters and baby listening services.
•A bar serving wild foraged cocktails.
Look around the hotel and you’ll see loads of quirky design and Cornish art on the walls, as well as stunning sea views framed by the hotel’s many picture windows.
The hotel is set in a natural playground with the beach just below us. Step out the hotel’s back door and you can stroll along the foreshore, get a surf lesson or two, or walk the cliff path to Bedruthan Steps – one of the north coast’s most dramatic beauty spots and one of the best places in the country from which to stargaze.
Adults get the run of the place during school term times. The Tranquillity Lounge with its ceiling-to-floor windows hogs the view, while a wood-burner keeps things cosy in winter. There’s a fabulous gifts and interiors shop to browse at the hotel called Create, while our resident mixologist presides in the bar serving up foraged cocktails and giving the odd mixology lesson.
For families, children aged four and under can stay for free during term times, and there are free childcare sessions, plus paid for children’s clubs and activities, babysitting and nannying.
For school-age children visiting during the holidays, there's a football pitch, surf school, a zip wire, lots of free family activities, children’s clubs supervised by lovely and qualified staff, and the cool spa with its indoor and outdoor pools.
The food mecca of Padstow is within easy striking distance by car, as is the celebrated Eden Project, the Camel Trail, Tintagel Castle, The Minack Theatre, Charlestown, the Lost Gardens of Heligan and Tate St Ives.
Bedruthan also offers an exciting array of craft, nature, outdoor and cookery breaks too, so you can learn something new or brush-up on an old skill or hobby while you’re with us.
Dining at Bedruthan
- Wild Cafe - Colourful, funky and a relaxed place to eat, sit back and enjoy watching the surf below as the sun sets on the horizon
- The Herring Restaurant - A little more daring and intimate with a fusion of interesting flavours and panoramic views of the Ocean
- Cocktail Bar - Let our resident mixologist create you something special, regularly changing menu or join in a Friday night mixology lesson
- Walk the cliff path to Bedruthan Steps, one of the north coast's most dramatic beauty spots
- Pop down to the beach for surf lesson or two
- Plenty of sandy beaches and coves to explore within a 10 mile radius
- Camel Trail cycle route from Padstow to Wadebridge and on to Bodmin
- Crealy Great Adventure Park
- Newquay Cornwall Airport
- Padstow - harbour town and foodie destination
- Cornwall Tourism Awards 2013/4 - Lage Hotel of the Year - Silver Award
- South West Tourism Awards 2013/4 - Large Hotel of hte Year - Bronze Award
- Green Tourism Business Scheme - Gold Award
- Visit England Awards of Excellence - Large Hotel of the Year - Silver Award
- South West Tourism Awards 2012/13 - Large Hotel of the Year - Gold Award
- Cornwall Tourism Awards 2012 - Winner of Winners
- Cornwall Tourism Awards 2012 - Large Hotel of the Year - Gold
- Cesar's Family Hotel of the Year 2011
- International Hotel Awards 2011 - Best International Hotel
- South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2010/2011 - Sustainable Tourism Award - Gold
- South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2010/2011 - Large Hotel of the Year Award - Silver
More about the Bedruthan Hotel and Spa