Fowey Hall Hotel
A luxury family hotel overlooking the Fowey Estuary, it’s believed that the majestic Fowey Hall inspired Toad Hall in The Wind in the Willows This luxurious 36 bedroom family, child and baby friendly hotel and spa in the picturesque town of Fowey on the South Cornwall coast.
- Situated in a prominent position in Fowey
- Overlooking the Fowey Estuary
- Eight miles from St Austell
About the hotel
- Child + baby friendly
- Luxurious spa
- Spectacular views
- Indoor swimming pool
- Outdoor hot tub
- Registered crèche
- Restaurant with coveted 2AA Rosette Award
Why stay at the Fowey Hall Hotel?
The original inspiration for Toad Hall in The Wind in the Willows this luxurious country-house hotel is perched above the picturesque town of Fowey and has spectcular views over the estuary and harbour. This is a luxury hotel with an indulgent spa retreat and fun kids' facilities. It is 5-minute walk to sandy Readymoney Cove.
The hotel is part of the Luxury Family Hotels group.
Family, child and baby friendly with excellent facilities
- One of the most child friendly hotels in Cornwall, Fowey Hall offers a warm welcome to families and children of all ages
- Crèche, baby listening services, high tea, special children's menus, high chairs, cots and other baby essentials. Provides babysitters at an additional cost
- The Four Bears Den is the Ofsted registered, supervised crèche facility accommodating babies and children up to eight years old. Open daily from 10am to 4.45pm; well-stocked with toys and games galore
- For older children there is the Blue Room, where children can absorb themselves in the latest video games or enjoy an evening movie.
- Within the grounds children can expect to find the big trampoline and outdoor play area with slides and swings. They might also stumble upon some chickens which you can feed in the morning and collect the eggs too
- Swimming pool - superb 12 metre indoor swimming pool which is open every day from 8am to 8pm with range of armbands, floats and toys you can borrow if required
- Children's High Tea and Family Dining - High tea is served from 5pm to 6pm each day and the nannies are on hand to help so parents still get a chance for a gin & tonic! If you would like to eat as a family, there is family dining at 6pm in The Garden Room
- Baby listening and baby sitting - enjoy some alone time once the children are tucked up and snug in bed; turn on the baby listening service and enjoy a romantic candlelit dinner whilst having peace of mind your child is safe and sound in your room. A baby listening service is available in each room working through the telephone line and providing an automatic connection to reception. The listening service provides constant monitoring and should your child make any noise, it will alert the baby listening panel in reception by way of an alarm and you will be informed straight away. As an alternative, babysitters can come and sit with your child
- If you have a baby, the hotel automatically supplies a changing mat and nappy bin along with the travel cot.
Rooms at Fowey Hall Hotel
The hotel offers a selection of room types so your family can be accommodated in a way that best suits your needs. There are a total of 36 rooms including 12 family suites and 10 sets of interconnecting rooms. Many of the family rooms also contain double sofa beds.
- Double Rooms - a double bedded room suitable for up to 2 adults sharing and 1 child or infant. Rooms are located in the courtyard, one minute’s walk from the main hotel building. Maximum occupancy: 3
- Deluxe Double Rooms - an elegant double bedded room suitable for up to 2 adults and 2 children or infants, both are located in the courtyard, one minute’s walk from the main hotel building. Maximum occupancy: 4
- Deluxe View - These elegant rooms are in the main house and enjoy a lovely view over the garden and across the estuary to the village of Polruan, a neighbouring village. They can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children or infants. Maximum occupancy: 4
- Family Suites - a two roomed suite for up to 2 adults sharing and 2 children or infants, some rooms are located in the courtyard, one minute’s walk from the main hotel building. Maximum occupancy: 4
- Large Family Suites - 2 - 3 roomed suite for up to 2 adults sharing and 3 children or infants, mostly in the main house, some with estuary views. Maximum occupancy: 5
- Interconnecting Rooms - providing two bedrooms and two bathrooms ideal for families, some in the main house. For up to 2 adults and 4 children or infants. Maximum occupancy including children: 6
- Deluxe Interconnecting Rooms - providing two bedrooms and two bathrooms ideal for families. All in the main house with estuary views for up to 2 adults and 4 children. Maximum occupancy: 6
What can you do during your stay?
- Explore the South West Coast Path towards Mevagissey or Looe to the east
- Visit Eden Project (9 miles)
- Spend a few hours at the Lost Gardens of Heligan (16 miles)
- Take a river trip along the Fowey
- Take the ferry to Polruan and explore
- Discover the secrets of Charlestown Shipwreck & Heritage Centre (7 miles)
- Try out watersports at Polkerris beach (3 miles)
- Walk into the historic port of Fowey
- Look around the quaint harbour town shops of Mevagissey
- Visit the historic port of Charlestown; home of the tall ships (7 miles)
- Readymoney Cove
- Par Sands
- Pentewan Sands