The Nare Hotel
The Nare is considered by many to be the most comfortable hotel in the West Country. The hotel maintains a feeling of unstuffy elegance and is somewhere to relax and unwind away from the cares of the world. Enjoy afternoon cream tea, read the papers and snooze in a comfy sofa before dining in style in one of the hotel’s two sea view restaurants.
- One mile from Veryan on the Roseland Peninsula
- Situated an 'Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty’
- Overlooking Gerrans Bay and Carne Beach
- Alongside the South West Coast Path
About The Nare
- AA 5 star luxury hotel
- Classic Dining Room with spectacular sea views on three sides
- The Quarterdeck sea view restaurant
- Indoor swimming pool
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Outdoor hot tub
- Tennis court
- Health and beauty spa
- Croquet lawn
- Manicured lawns and gardens
- Door-to-door chauffeur service
- Dogs Welcome All Year
- Ground Floor Bedrooms
- Disabled Parking, Access and Toilets
What can you do during your stay?
- Explore the Cornish coast aboard the hotel’s motor launch (summer months)
- Enjoy the long, sandy, and sheltered Carne Beach
- Visit the mysterious Lost Gardens of Heligan
- Walk along the stunning South West Coast Path (guided walks available)
- Visit world famous gardens at Caerhays Estate, Trewithen, The Eden Project and Tregothnan
- Hire the hotel's classic Morgan 4/4 sports car
- Visit St Michael's Mount and The Minack theatre
- Book a relaxing treatment in the hotel spa
- Hire the hotel chauffeur for half and full day visits
The Dining Room and The Quarterdeck Restaurant
In the evenings guests have the luxury of choosing to dine either in the Dining Room or in The Quarterdeck Restaurant. The Dining Room offers a traditional table d'hote menu, which changes every evening. The Quarterdeck is a more relaxed a la carte menu. Both restaurants are open to non-residents, booking is recommended, and we do request that gentlemen wear a jacket and tie in the main Dining Room.
Both restaurants use local ingredients as the basis for their menus. We have always been a big supporter of local farmers and specialise in locally reared beef and the freshest of locally caught seafood as well as seasonal vegetables and fruit. The Nare's wine cellar is extensive with wines from all round the world selected and laid down by Toby Ashworth.
Breakfast is served in the Dining Room and can also be served to make the most of the morning sunshine on the Quarterdeck terrace or perhaps you would rather enjoy a peaceful breakfast on your own terrace. Our breakfast menu is impressive and extensive. A full breakfast buffet offers a wide selection of fruits, breads, platters of meat and cooked breakfasts include kedgeree, kippers, haddock and the traditional Cornish Full House. Breakfast can also be served in your room or on your terrace at no additional cost.
Lunch is available in The Quarterdeck restaurant which offers a range of light lunches and an a la carte menu. Afternoon tea is available in the Drawing room as part of the inclusive package enjoyed by guests at The Nare. Afternoon tea is also available on the Quarterdeck for non-residents.
The Dining Room, with panoramic views over the bay, offers a formal Table d’hôte menu which changes nightly. Guests enjoy silver service, including the renowned hors-d’oeuvre trolley, flambés and homemade puddings. Local Portloe lobster is on the menu daily alongside an abundance of fresh seafood. The 2 rosette Quarterdeck Restaurant is in addition to The Dining Room and has a spectacular beachfront position. Its classical yachting décor and teak panelling gives it a less formal feel to the main dining room and light lunches, afternoon cream teas or a-la-carte dining can be enjoyed throughout the day and evening.
- Carne Beach
- Pendower Beach
- Carehays Beach
- Portholland Beach
- Gorran Haven Beach
- Porthcurnick Beach
- Portscatho Beach
In summary, as well as beautifully decorated rooms and stunning sea views, The Nare has everything you need for a great holiday.