Georgian country manor house near the picturesque village of Mithian, St Agnes
Rose in Vale is a family owned 4 star Country House Hotel, exclusively for adults, close to the vibrant village of St Agnes on the North Cornish Coast. With 10 acres of stunning grounds and centrally located within the heart of unspoilt Cornwall, our hotel is the perfect base for relaxing and exploring the best that Cornwall has to offer.
A historic house dating from the 17th century, hidden away in its own Cornish wooded valley with a stream, duck pond and seasonal swimming pool in the picturesque village of Mithian.
Suites and Rooms
From luxury three-roomed Signature suites to spacious single rooms, you will find a room perfect for you in this beautiful historic Country House Hotel in Cornwall. Our most popular rooms, all having large Georgian sash windows with garden views. All of them have a seating area with a coffee table for you to relax. There is a mix of kings, twins and a double for you to choose from. All rooms have solid teak furniture throughout and hand made individually sprung mattresses
- Sleeps 2
- Breakfast included
- Garden views
- No children allowed
- Restaurant / Cafe
- Rural & Countryside
- Beach Nearby
- Swimming Pool
Exclusively for adults
The Rose in Vale offers a peaceful environment for guests. It is a haven which people look forward returning to time and time again or just after a busy day out in Cornwall. Here you will find tranquility, a place to relax, maybe with a cup of tea (or something stronger) around the pool or elsewhere in the grounds, whilst looking forward to a sumptuous dinner.
- With a choice of accommodation in twenty-two luxury bedrooms all tastefully appointed and equipped to high standards you will find the perfect room for you
- Five named suites and rooms offering that extra special luxury, space or gradeur. With the Rose Suite, Captain Whitford Quarters, John Opie Suite inside the hotel plus the Magor and Henry James Suites located in the old stable block each with a patio and garden furniture
- Superior Plus and Superior Rooms offering garden views and a seated area and coffee table in the room
- Classic rooms with a choice of double or twin beds or Single rooms are available
- All are fitted with individually controlled central heating, television, hairdryer, beverage tray and en-suite bathroom as a minimum
- For the less able, there are four ground floor rooms with level access to the gardens, the pool and restaurant
Seasonal outdoor solar heated swimming pool runs between mid-May and mid-September
“We have stayed twice at the lovely hotel and not been disappointed. The Magor Room/Apartment was perfect for our needs and will book again for 2024. The breakfast meals were cooked to our requirement and were of high quality and good proportions. The staff were very friendly and provided a first class service and went out of their way to help us find unusual places to visit to enhance our time spent in the endlessly amazing Cornwall experience.”Leandreman, Trip Advisor
Dining at Rose in Vale
- Serving breakfast, cream teas and evening meals for residents only
- The light and airy, spacious restaurant overlooks the beautiful gardens
- Our seasonal a la carte evening menus offer traditional and international dishes using a base of South West ingredients, including from our own garden (reservation required)
Bar and Lounges
- Enjoy a gin and tonic or a cocktail in our 17th Century bar and snug for a quaint Cornish feel
- Sit back and relax or curl up and read a book in the Georgian lounges which are bathed in light during the day
Discover your Cornwall
Long sandy beaches, hidden coves, rugged moorland, quaint fishing villages, deep wooded valleys, bustling seaside resorts, industrial heritage, rocky headlands, colourful gardens, idyllic rivers and a bijou city, Cornwall has a bit of everything for those who want to explore.
Your weekly dose of Cornish cheer!
When you can’t be in your favourite place all the time, catch up on the latest stories, upcoming events, holiday ideas, and offers with a newsletter straight to your inbox. Terms and Conditions / GDPR compliance: by providing personally identifiable information Visit Cornwall will use it to provide you with ongoing information about their products and services. No one from Visit Cornwall will rent, sell or lease this personally identifiable information to other companies or individuals.
Find us on socials and stay connected with the Cornwall you love.