Welcome to the Carlyon Bay Hotel, Spa & Golf
Set above the bay with truly breathtaking views across to St Austell Bay, the Carlyon Bay Hotel is a wonderful place to feel inspired and unwind whilst experiencing a taste of Cornish hospitality. The hotel is nestled between 250 acres of secluded gardens and grounds and is intertwined with the South West Coast Path. Savour our Championship golf course, luxury spa, stunning accommodation and private beach throughout your stay.
Our iconic hotel was built in 1925 and was formally known as the St Austell Bay Hotel, with a varied past it's a historic landmark with a story to tell. The Carlyon Bay Hotel has been a part of the Brend Collection since 1982, with the collection boasting a breathtaking portfolio of luxury hotels within Cornwall and Devon.
- Beach Nearby
- Breakfast included
- EV Charging
- Event Spaces
- Garden views
- Group Visits
- Hot tub
- Restaurant / Cafe
- Sea View
- Swimming Pool
About the hotel
- Fine dining
- Private beach nearby
- Beautiful luxury bedrooms complete with free Wi-Fi, Sky Sports and Freeview
- Swimming pools - indoor and outdoor
- Luxury spa
- 18 hole championship golf course
- Over 250 acres of private grounds where the sea views will take your breath away
Rooms - all rooms boast the following facilities as standard:
- A turndown service each evening (and a chocolate on your pillow!)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free Parking
- EV Chargers
- En suite bathrooms that are all have ample-sized baths and showers (selected rooms are also available with walk in showers)
- LCD TV with Sky Sports & Freeview
- Luxury, indulgent toiletries range from Gilchrist & Soames
- Still and sparkling mineral water on arrival
- Tea & Coffee making facilities
- Pillow menu
- Hair dryers
- One round of golf per day and membership of the Club House throughout your stay
- Full use of the luxury spa & leisure facilities
“Cracking hotel fabulous location, the golf course and amenities are superb. Great place to stay and visit local villages and fishing ports, we only stayed for a short break, but were so impressed and will be back soon. Highly recommend.”sully3131, Trip Advisor
Where we are and what to do
- Overlooks Carlyon Bay on the Cornish Riviera
- Ideal place to stay midway along the South Cornwall's coastline
- Just two miles from St Austell town centre
What can you do during your stay?
- Explore the South West Coast Path towards Mevagissey to the west or Fowey to the east
- Visit Eden Project (3 miles)
- Spend a few hours at the Lost Gardens of Heligan (8 miles)
- Discover the secrets of Charlestown Shipwreck & Heritage Centre (2 miles)
- Try out watersports at Polkerris beach or Porthpean beach (2 miles)
- Visit the historic market town of St Austell (2 miles)
- Look around the quaint harbour towns of Mevagissey or Fowey (8 miles)
- Walk around the historic port of Charlestown; home of the tall ships (2 miles)
- Carlyon Bay
- Par Sands
- Pentewan Sands
Discover your Cornwall
Long sandy beaches, hidden coves, rugged moorland, quaint fishing villages, deep wooded valleys, bustling seaside resorts, industrial heritage, rocky headlands, colourful gardens, idyllic rivers and a bijou city, Cornwall has a bit of everything for those who want to explore.
Your weekly dose of Cornish cheer!
When you can’t be in your favourite place all the time, catch up on the latest stories, upcoming events, holiday ideas, and offers with a newsletter straight to your inbox. Terms and Conditions / GDPR compliance: by providing personally identifiable information Visit Cornwall will use it to provide you with ongoing information about their products and services. No one from Visit Cornwall will rent, sell or lease this personally identifiable information to other companies or individuals.
Find us on socials and stay connected with the Cornwall you love.