Discover Watergate Bay
Watergate Bay is a 2 mile beach set in a valley between Newquay and Padstow. A leading venue for beach sports and events and brilliant for surfing, kitesurfing, waveski, hand planing and stand-up paddlesurfing. There are lessons and technical equipment hire on the beach at the Extreme Academy, open all year round, with fully trained and expert tuition.
Watergate Bay is also a growing foodie destination, home to Jamie Oliver's Fifteen Cornwall, The Beach Hut and The Watergate Bay Hotel's bars and restaurants.
The beach is also a favourite with dog walkers as it doesn’t have a seasonal ban.
Reasons to visit Watergate Bay
- Year round event calendar with a range of local and national events including the English National Surfing Championships and BSUPA Standup Paddlesurf Championships
- Polo on the Beach – an annual polo event on the sand
- Electric Beach Music Festival
- Wide range of places to eat including Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen Cornwall
- The Extreme Academy sports school and hire centre situated on the beach
- Various hotels and self catering properties just a stones throw from the beach
Things to do in Watergate Bay
Watergate Bay is all about getting active, getting amongst the elements, eating and drinking well, and relaxing. There are plenty of different places to eat to choose from, but if you want to build up an appetite you can hire watersports equipment or take lessons at the Extreme Academy - teaching surfing, kitesurfing, hand planning, standup paddle surfing and waveski throughout the year.
Useful links for Watergate Bay