Coastal & Traditional Rowing Camp 2020
Experience different coastal rowing techniques in a range of craft; from the traditional fixed-seat Cornish Pilot Gig, St Ayles Skiff and Celtic Longboat to modern FISA sliding-seat coastal shell – improve your coastal skills with a combination of technical sessions and touring, and put your new skills into practice in a beautiful setting with local experts.
Our 2020 Coastal & Traditional Rowing Camp will be based in Falmouth harbour and the river Fal. We’ll explore the creeks, gardens, beaches and natural maritime environment of this beautiful region. Flanked by two officially recognised ‘Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty’ and with the South West Coast Path running alongside, the region’s coastline is a must-see attraction for rowers – and there’s plenty for walkers, swimmers and wildlife-watchers as well. Accommodations will be in Falmouth, a city famous for its maritime history, with an excellent range of restaurants, museums and art galleries. There is truly something for everyone!
Each day we’ll explore a different part of the region, from as far as Helford Creek in the west (including the famous Frenchman’s Creek) towards the Cornish capital city of Truro in the north. We promise a great rowing experience and a warm welcome from the local rowing community – fabulous accommodation, award-winning food and great cultural activities come as standard!
A Unique Rowing Experience
The Coastal & Traditional Rowing Camp 2020 is brought to you by Rowing The World; leading provider of rowing experiences throughout the world, and Row England; specialist in fixed-seat and traditional rowing on beautiful waterways.
• Training and Leisure Tracks: A casual leisure row across the harbour for lunch, or a work-out with one of our experts? Pick the experience you want!
• A unique blend of boats and styles: we’ve curated a mix of boats and expertise to give you the complete Coastal Rowing experience!
• Only-Row and Non-Row options: Make your own accommodation plans – contact us for prices.
In addition to this unique experience which should attract rowers from all of the world, we will be showcasing the Maritime heritage of Falmouth, including:
- A talk on Pilot Gig History at the National Maritime Museum by the Cornish Pilot Gig Association
- Social events with local Gig Clubs and the CPGA
- An evening at the Falmouth Marine School to look at the latest Pilot Gig being built
- Rowing Tours of Falmouth Harbour