We’re going back to our roots this year, and holding Lowender’s Perranporth Party at the Memorial Hall on Saturday 23rd October from 10.30am – 11pm, including: the Lowender Peran walk, food and folk, the Great Big Cornish Music Session and an interCeltic Ceilidh. The Great Big Cornish Music Session will be live streamed.
We’re also hosting various online events from Friday 22nd October to Sunday 24th October.
FRIDAY 22ND OCTOBER
- 7pm - Online early Cornish Music workshop with Mike O'Connor & Barbara Griggs
SATURDAY 23RD OCTOBER
- 10.30am - Guided walk of Perranporth with Chris Easton (Meet outside Perranporth Memorial Hall)
- 3pm - The Great Big Cornish Music Session at Perranporth Memorial Hall. The session will also be live streamed.
- 7pm - Online Premier of 'A Controversy of Pipers' with archive footage of pipers who've performed at the festival over the years.
- 7.30pm - InterCeltic Ceilidh at Perranporth Memorial Hall
SUNDAY 24TH OCTOBER
- 10.30am - Online Cornish Music Symposium
- 7pm - Online Premier of 'The Droll Tellers', with archive footage of Lowender Peran’s favourite story tellers.
Further information on our website, and you can get your tickets.
Please note we’re taking extra measures to ensure Covid safety for indoor, in-person events this year:
A covid pass won’t be required, however we’re relying on everyone doing their bit to make the event as safe as possible, and protecting those most vulnerable in our society, by taking a free lateral flow test within 48 hours of the event to confirm their Covid status. You get a test here.
We encourage everyone to use the track and trace system at the Memorial Hall, and to wear masks when moving around.
Hand sanitiser will be readily available, and particularly encouraged between ceilidh dances.
Doors and windows in the hall will be open to allow good air circulation
For the ceilidh, it will be made clear before dances get underway whether it is those where you dance just with your partner, or whether there will be progression/expectation to hold hands with someone other than your partner.
The Memorial Hall will be operating at a reduced capacity to control numbers.
Contactless payments at the bar are available and encouraged