Welcome to Jopes Mill & Lodge
Beautifully converted detached Grade 2 listed watermill and former artist’s studio, with private access to 5 acres of riverside gardens, lake and woodland in the idyllic Seaton river valley.
- Dog Friendly
- Linen provided
- Rural & Countryside
- Wood-burning stoves
- The original mill workings provide a spectacular backdrop for the dining room, with access to a private terrace.
- Newly fitted kitchen with dishwasher, washer/drier, fridge/freezer, etc.
- The lounge is in the original milling room and has two pairs of millstones and an oak beamed ceiling. It has a wood burning stove and a plentiful supply of wood for cozy nights in. It also has a sofabed for flexibility or additional guests - please enquire.
- The first-floor bedroom is double height and can be arranged with a king size double bed or two singles – it has a skylight which floods the room with light.
- The second-floor bedroom has a king size double bed and exposed beams, with views down to the river and across the woods.
- There are bathrooms on the first and second floors – one with a bath and one with a shower.
- The mill has full central heating.
““This place is stunning” “All we could hear were the birds and the wind in the trees - what a lovely place!” “Nick and Sally really know the secret of how to make you feel welcome” “One of the best places we’ve ever stayed!” “The most comfortable beds we’ve ever slept in!””
Both properties have access to our excellent fibre broadband, with connected TVs. including Netflix and Prime subscriptions. We have carefully selected and tested hotel quality beds with pocket sprung mattresses, satin stripe luxury bedding and lovely soft towels.
Visitors to Jopes Mill and Lodge have unlimited private access to 5 acres of riverside gardens and woodland, including 400 meters of the beautiful River Seaton. Whether you want to take a stroll around the many paths and lawns, build dens in the woods, have camp-fires in the fire pits, or just sit and watch the river go by, this is the perfect setting. Although we are easily accessible from the A38 the Seaton Valley is in a beautiful world of its own. If you can tear yourself away from Jopes there are many miles of woodland walks on your doorstep and the energetic have the option of walking or cycling the 4 miles down to the sea at Seaton – with plenty of eating and drinking options on the way and when you get there. Our local pub, the Copley Arms, is just over a mile’s gentle walk down the valley and serves food every day. Slightly further away Looe is around 10 mins by car and you can reach unspoilt and largely undiscovered Bodmin Moor in around 15 mins.
Discover your Cornwall
Long sandy beaches, hidden coves, rugged moorland, quaint fishing villages, deep wooded valleys, bustling seaside resorts, industrial heritage, rocky headlands, colourful gardens, idyllic rivers and a bijou city, Cornwall has a bit of everything for those who want to explore.
Your weekly dose of Cornish cheer!
When you can’t be in your favourite place all the time, catch up on the latest stories, upcoming events, holiday ideas, and offers with a newsletter straight to your inbox. Terms and Conditions / GDPR compliance: by providing personally identifiable information Visit Cornwall will use it to provide you with ongoing information about their products and services. No one from Visit Cornwall will rent, sell or lease this personally identifiable information to other companies or individuals.
Find us on socials and stay connected with the Cornwall you love.