Discover Port Isaac
Port Isaac is a traditional fishing village with a vibrant local community in north Cornwall and home to the TV series Doc Martin starring Martin Clunes. It's a truly picturesque village with narrow winding streets lined with whitewashed cottages that head down to the harbour where you can watch local fishermen landing their daily catch of fish, crab and lobsters.
Port Isaac is set amidst rugged and magnificent scenery on Cornwall's North coast with two beautiful ports nearby; Port Quin and Port Gaverne.
Reasons to visit Port Isaac
- Picturesque traditional fishing village
- Set amidst rugged and magnificent scenery on Cornwall's North coast
- Stunning coastal walks
- Local galleries and arts and craft shops
- Steeped in history with beautiful 18th century fisherman cottages
- Associated with the TV series Doc Martin, Poldark and Saving Grace
Things to do
- Take a cliff top path walk from Port Isaac to Port Gaverne - less than 2 miles
- Get your photo taken outside the TV series home of Doc Martin, a short way up Roscarrock Hill on the left
- Check out the local galleries and arts and craft shops
- Take a boat trip or fishing expedition from the harbour during the summer season
- Visit popular neighboring beaches Polzeath and Daymer Bay
- Cycle the famous Camel Trail from Padstow to Wadebridge
- Wonder through the narrow alleys, cobbled streets and spot the 18th century fisherman homes, most of which are now officially listed as architectural or historic importance
Useful Port Isaac links
Port Isaac accommodation
Hotel in Port Isaac
B&B Guest House in Port Isaac
Self Catering in Port Isaac
Cottages in Port Isaac
Farm holidays in Port Isaac
Pubs and inns in Port Isaac
Things to do in Port Isaac
What's on in North Cornwall
Map of Port Isaac
Parking in Port Isaac
Due to the nature of Port Isaac with its narrow, windy streets vehicle access is very limited. It is strongly recommended that you park in one of the two car parks - the Main Car Park, owned by St. Endellion Parish Council and New Car Park owned by Cornwall Council - located at the top of the village and wander to the harbour area on foot. The Port Isaac Shuttle Service is also available on 07866 223786.
Coach parking is not available in Port Isaac but drop off/collection is possible at the junction of Back Hill and New Road.