Rock is a village in North Cornwall on the north-eastern bank of the River Camel, adjacent to the harbour town of Padstow. A well-heeled holiday haunt and popular water-sports centre. Sail, windsurf, water-ski or canoe in the sheltered waters of Daymer Bay, or take it easy with a spot of fishing or bird watching from the sand dunes.
Said to have got its unusual name from the local quarry that once provided ballast for ships sailing from Padstow harbour on the opposite side of the Camel Estuary, Rock is a great place to find a seat, enjoy a drink and watch the world go by.
Reasons to visit Rock
- A lovely range of eateries, shops and delis
- Near to one of the best golf courses in the country - St Enodoc
- Fine sandy beach
- Vast range of water sports
- Boating paradise
- Fantastic bathing and surfing beaches nearby
Things to do in Rock
- The beaches in North Cornwall are in abundance and you really are spoilt for choice. There are miles and miles of coves and inlets to be discovered
- There is no surfing in Rock due to it being sheltered from the winds, so surfers head over to the nearby beach at Polzeath. However Rock offers an abundance of other water activities that never disappoint including sailing, water ski-ing, angling and wind surfing
- The upmarket eateries offer all the necessary requirements for the millionaire lifestyle, providing delicious local produce on their menus everyday
- Nearby is the spectacular St Enodoc Golf Course, said to be the one of the best in the country
- Catch the ferry over to Padstow, where you can enjoy a fun filled day on the beach or a cycle on the Camel Trail whilst taking in the natural beauty of the countryside
Useful Rock links:
Over 300 self catering Cornish Holiday Cottages all within a 5 miles of stunning Rock, Daymer Bay, Polzeath and Port Isaac. All our holiday homes are situated on the Cornish coast or within a couple of miles of it."
This beautiful woodland park, with luxury timber lodges, is located in the grounds of an old manor house and is close to many sandy and Blue Flag beaches making it an ideal base to explore North Cornwall.
A lovely apartment on the first floor of the main building, overlooking the garden and open farmland and B&B accommodation. Amazing prices and availability throughout the year.
North Coast > Rock
Seaside Glamour: A privately owned boutique Hotel in an exquisite hideaway with sweeping views over the Camel estuary at Rock.
Traditional farm cottages in an idyllic peaceful rural setting with outstanding views of the North Cornish countryside, tastefully furnished for 2 to 6 persons. Close to the picturesque villages of Port Quin, Port Gaverne and Chapel Amble. Wifi available
A beautiful bed and breakfast on a working farm with fantastic far reaching views over the open countryside, situated a short distance from Rock, Polzeath, Port Isaac and Wadebridge. A wide choice at breakfast using lots of locally sourced produce.
Latitude50 is a holiday letting specialists offering exclusive self-catering cottages on the picturesque North Cornish coast. Their stunning portfolio of properties is located in and around the areas of Rock, Polzeath, Daymer Bay and Port Isaac.
Experience the ultimate coastal break at St Moritz near Rock, where the Camel Estuary meets the swell of the Atlantic Ocean. The perfect setting whatever the season.
Who is going