National Maritime Museum Cornwall
National Maritime Museum Cornwall is now open!
Visiting during Coronavirus
In line with government guidelines the Museum has implemented a number of essential measures to keep everyone in their building safe.
To stagger entry and help maintain social distancing they have introduced timed arrival slots. Every visitor to the Museum will need to pre-book their slot, including Members and valid Annual Pass holders. Each slot has a limited amount of spaces available and without a booking we may not be able to allow you entry.
We are open as usual each day from 10am to 5pm (last entry is 3.30pm) and you’re welcome to stay as long as you like.
They ask that to help maintain social distancing you do not arrive before your time slot. If you arrive after your time slot they may not be able to allow you entry. If you are displaying any of the symptoms of Coronavirus (Covid-19) please save your visit for another time.
With over 15 galleries, a boatbuilding workshop, interactive exhibits and a collection that spans The National Small Boat collection, exciting exhibitions, artworks, maps and charts and memorabilia there’s plenty to explore at this family friendly museum.
National Maritime Museum Cornwall is an independent museum celebrating the influence of the sea on history and culture and telling the story of Cornwall’s incredible maritime heritage.
- Collections The museum’s collections consist of a unique range of objects, boats, art, books and archives
- The National Small Boat Collection The museum is home to this collection of national importance, representative of boats from the UK and around the world
- Cornwall galleries Explore the Cornwall galleries to discover stories of Cornwall and The Sea
- Boatbuilding See shipwrights at work in the boat building workshop
- 15 galleries Incredible maritime heritage
- The Bartlett Library and Maritime Research Centre Houses a diverse collection of maritime reference books, periodicals, and archive material.
- 100 foot Lookout Tower Amazing panoramic views over Falmouth harbour.
- Waterside Café The best views in Falmouth
- Heritage Boat Tours
From story-telling and live demonstrations to make-and-takes and dressing up we're a museum that says 'climb aboard'.
Check NMMC.CO.UK for dates, times and further information about the school holiday activities.
Pay once, get in free all year!